flew my mcpx today did some awesome rolls and flips

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Good day of flying... 4 full batteries.. thats an achievement for me i tell u ... lol

did some very controlled flips and rolls. Tried to go inverted hover but didnt work well... till in the end, battery and skids got stuck in weeds and the heat softened the wires too much, that the ground wire snapped out of the battery connectr.

Well i had completed flying all batteries, so just came home and soldered that wire right back and put the heat shrink on it..

the only thing that bothered me, was the tail blew on me while in ff flight... yes it was towards the end of the battery, but not sure if someone else has had similar experience.... The 3d stuffi can imagine all the power the main motor draws out.. but not sure about the tail. it was a little windy .. might have been 10mph wind may be.. not more than 12mph.. but i am not sure. I am thinking of sending the heli for checkin to horizon hobby. But i am not sure if it is worth it. or is there any thing wrong with it at all... well... anywaz.. it was a very good day flying... 450 is grounded until y'all help me figure out which head to buy and it gets here.. so... this is the only one i got... but i am still hppy. this heli keeps me on task while flying... its good!

also got my 303 #8 camera.. its good... very good built... compared to what i was expecting. Also recieved my two more batteries 2200mah 30C 3S batteries... and m turnigy charger.. :) so the day ended well too! :)

Last edited:

Lee

If it was that windy you could put it down to that. I have had the tail blow out on me due to the wind. If you are using a lot of collective to compensate for the wind, that little extra will push it over the top.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
hmmm.. i have charged my batteries again... i'll go out again and try it out. Lets c when it blows... i am trying to mount the 808 #3 (oops on the 303 #8 lol ) but anywaz.. once i do then probably my videos can do the talking.. You guys are probably right... and does the tail get a little screwy towards end battery ??

Tony

Staff member
Yes, the tail will get a little weak, and is more prone to blow out as the battery runs low. This is why in the manual they want you to set the timer for 4 minutes normal flying, 3 minutes idle up flying. If you watch my maiden video on the mcpx, you will see and hear the tail wacking out on me. It was cause the battery was a little low.

Top Bottom