Flight Controllers Flash CC3D w/ Cleanflight

Tony

Staff member
I just wanted to let you all know what I ran into with the cc3d. I tried everything to flash cleanflight onto this board, and although I was able to get it flashed, I was NOT able to open it up in cleanflight. I ended up having to install the FTDI drivers first, then the VCP_V1.0.4 drivers and then, it started working. I shouldn't have needed the FTDI drivers, but this computer wouldn't work without them. Just a heads up.

Stambo

Did you use the right version of cleanflight for the configurator you were attempting to use?
They can be a bit picky about a mismatch.

Tony

Staff member
Yup, I sure did. I'm going to try it again on my laptop later on and see if I have the same issue. Both of my computers have a clean install of W7 on them. I usually always install the FTDI drivers because I need them for other things, but I didn't have them on here yet. Might be something to remember for others lol. But I was able to bounce back and forth from OP to CF about a dozen times without issue. And also, connecting a BEC to bring it out of bootloader mode also helps.

SIXFOOTER

Took me 4 hrs to get Minimosd programmed with FTDI today. 2 different FTDI boards, 3 computers and fresh installed software.
I almost gave up, finally got it.
This is for the 250 with the CC3D. Almost done

Tony

Staff member
Post up a thread of what you did, what you used and how you did it. I'm interested in knowing this and I'm sure others are as well. I have the EZOSD with GPS and it's way too large to put on a 250. I think something like that is perfect for a 250.

Stambo

I think OSD on a 250 is a distraction.
The last thing you want while zipping through trees or other obstacles at 60kmh is distraction. :)
I run one on my big quad but that has a more leisurely time in the air where there is time to look around.

Tony

Staff member
Well, then there are those of us that just fly around and look at what we see. It would be nice to know what your battery voltage and Rx are doing.

Tony

Staff member
I will have to have a look at this. I never did connect my Tx to it, just fought it until it flashed lol.

WyDiablo

Lmaoooo is simple ever going to be in a flight controller. And as far as osd on a racer never. Guys I see racing 250 quads did have osd at first but after many crashes it came of really fast. But if you just like to fly around looking at thins and scenery the yeah osd fir sure.

Tony

Staff member
Sadly, I never got to the point of flying my 250 FPV beyond just looking around. The wife wrecking her car and me trying to save money on insurance cost me some of my equipment, including my goggles, camera and VTx. I'm trying to get back into a place where I can get them back. But thanks to a surprising (okay, surprising is not the right word, it needs to be something MUCH STRONGER than that) phone call today, I have no idea what I'm going to do. Hardest decision of my life!

As for the OCD on FPV, I can see why no one would want ti on a 250. If you are looking at signal strength or voltage, you are not looking at that corner that is coming up hella fast lol. So I do get it, trust me I do.

Top Bottom