380/420 Fixing and setting up a second hand Blade 400

Blade 400

I would really appreciate advice with this please

I bought a second hand Blade 400 on e-bay and I`m really looking forward to fixing her, as I`m sure I will learn from it and hopefully be able to repair my main Blade 400 when that inevitable 2nd crash comes (A local hobby shop repaired her after my first crash)
I have seen Tony`s great videos on setup on YouTube so I have a good head start
The second hand bird`s Receiver is missing, I bought a Spektrum AR6100e and would appreciate advice on where all the wires go please?
Also, what do I need to check on this unknown Bird before I power her up? I`m guessing a visual check for any damage / loose parts and the Blade manual has pre-flite control checks with the Motor disconnected?
Thanks

Blade 400

Admiral

Hi Blade, when I buy a second hand heli my first task is to check every nut, bolt and screw on it, never trust somebody else's work. If it is metal to metal add a bit of blue thread lock, if it is metal to plastic a touch of CA glue will make sure it dose not come loose. I also remove every standard nut and replace t with a Nyloc nut although thread lock will do.

Check that the blades are balanced and not twisted, replace them if there is any doubt.

On the 6100E for a start all Signal wires go to the top, Wire from ESC to Thro, Aileron to Aile, Elevator to Elev Rudder to Rudd, Pitch to Aux1 and Gyro to Gear.
Note: the Blade 400 3D pitch is reversed to most helicopters so if you get negative pitch when you move Throttle/Pitch stick up you will have to reverse the Pitch Servo in the Transmitter.

PS. The AR 6100E has a bad habit of the Aerial wires breaking off a spot hot glue where they come out of the case helps.

Last edited:

Blade 400

Hi Blade, when I buy a second hand heli my first task is to check every nut, bolt and screw on it, never trust somebody else's work. If it is metal to metal add a bit of blue thread lock, if it is metal to plastic a touch of CA glue will make sure it dose not come loose. I also remove every standard nut and replace t with a Nyloc nut although thread lock will do.

Check that the blades are balanced and not twisted, replace them if there is any doubt.

On the 6100E for a start all Signal wires go to the top, Wire from ESC to Thro, Aileron to Aile, Elevator to Elev Rudder to Rudd, Pitch to Aux1 and Gyro to Gear.
Note: the Blade 400 3D pitch is reversed to most helicopters so if you get negative pitch when you move Throttle/Pitch stick up you will have to reverse the Pitch Servo in the Transmitter.

PS. The AR 6100E has a bad habit of the Aerial wires breaking off a spot hot glue where they come out of the case helps.
Thanks so much Admiral, I really appreciate your help and advice :biggrin1:

Tony has advised me to upgrade the Gyro GY110 as it has a bad reputation. I will go with it and the stock Servos for now, as I just want a backup Heli. I`m only intending to fly slow circuit flying, I don`t think I`ll ever be an Idle Up 3d guy Lol

Will upgrading the Gyro and Servos help with stability and control as a beginner?

Cheers

Blade 400

Top Bottom