xokia

I'm sone done fighting with the 3GX
Hopefully this thing flies better now. Just have to learn how to set it up now

B6038708-54A1-4A13-9615-A448DD3E18C0-8531-000006F1FE110CB9_zps97a2680c.jpg

E4E3F5D8-F314-449D-8A9D-13974E371C6C-8531-000006F20E22A2F1_zpsda95974a.jpg

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
7200bx setup is fun ..
See Stokke's setup for his JR Vibe NEX E8 .. he went in detail there I htink.. But its very easy to follow the manual.

Cant believe you got it to fit in the frame. does it have clearance from the frame sides? just wanting to make sure the vibration from the carbon frame doesnt get transferred straight up.. or if it needs padding.

xokia

The AR7200BX is 1mm to large to fit in the frame. Turns out the AR7200BX case walls are pretty thick. So I took the beastx apart and then took it to the grinding wheel. I ground .5mm off both sides There is a tiny amount of space between the frame and AR7200BX on both sides afterwards. I don't know how susceptable it is to vibes. I looked at how they had it mounted on the 300X and the frame touches both sides of the AR7200X on top of that they have it zip tied to the frame.

Last edited:

xokia

So I got this all finally installed and working after making numerous setup errors :distrust: Man I'm such a newb, I thought I had the setup stuff down. Anyway the cyclic feels fine but the tail really sucks. It kinda wanders like its drunk. If I turn the gyro gain up any more I get wag. I tried the smaller tail blades and that seemed to help but I would also just blow the tail out. I tried the pre-torque compensation also, I dont know what that does but it didnt seem to help. I just cant seem to get the tail to lock in and not occasionally drift.

I'm also kinda learning parts for this thing are just as much as a 450 size helicopter. So other than requiring a smaller flying area their seems to be no benifit of the 250.

Last edited:

Westy

LEGEND
make sure you have not mechanical binding in your tail at all .... disconnect the ball link off the tail .... and if the slider assembly even feels like it s slightly binding ... you need to inspect why!

once you done there re set your mechanical centering and you should be fine.

xokia

Hi Westy,

Yea the tail is correct from what I can tell. I tried the 42mm blades and I get to much wag and if I reduce the gain down then I start to get drift. I tried the 37mm blades and those work better but i'm able to blow the tail out. I purchased some 40mm blades and I was going to try those out next. Wind also really effects this thing and makes it unstable pretty easily. Which I guess is a little suprising to me because the 130x flies so much better in all conditions IMO.

I'm still working on the thing and trying things out. The beastx wasn't to bad to setup but I've been trying to play with the parameters which I dont fully understand. But I'm trying to learn. Hopefully I can get this thing dialed in. After all said in done I think this has been my most expensive helicopter and it flies the worst out of all of them.

-Mike

Top Bottom