ESC Fix or new?

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey everyone, in the last three month i went through 3 yep 45A ESC. Two of them lost the resistor on them and the third esc, which is brand new, went dead after the fifth flight! Not a happy camper! So my question is it a waste of time to fix or just go new. If new, i had enough of HK yep esc and looking for different brand of esc. I have the Tarot450Pro V2 DFC with AR7200BX/Dx6i TX. I.m looking at the castle creation, Hobbywing or Align esc for a replacement. This is where i can use some suggestion from the RCHELP gang. My second choice is since i have 3 yep esc that doesn't work, should i try to combine all three to make one, if so, is there some sort of video to show me how to solder the resistor back on. Have a good day everyone!

Slobberdog

I suppose the first question is what motor are you running,

But I think the Align esc are good as most for the size, I run the 35a with the 450mx motor, or you can look at the dominator esc which is 45a for a more powerful motors,

Then there's the talon 35 from castle creations which will be a good choice, or for a bit more power the edge 50,

Derek

That's rotten luck! If it were me, I'd just look for a new esc. I have the Castle Edge 50 on my Align 450 Pro DFC with a Castle 10amp bec....but that's just because it was an awesome deal that I got. That esc is near $100, new. I'd either look at the Castle Edge 50 or the Align esc.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Thank you guys, while waiting for answers i've been trying to work on the esc but came to conclusion that it's not worst fixing. I just rather buy a new one. Fla has 3 good days of rain so if i order today i will have a new esc by sat which is fine . The motor i have is a HK Turnigy 3550 kv. If i have too i will also change motor. I just want to have a half way decent combination of motor and esc that i will be happy with. The edge 50 seems the way to go if i want some more power! yes no?

Derek

Well, as I said, I have the Castle 50 and I have the SK3 3600kv motor from Hobby King and it all seems to be working very well.

Tony

Staff member
Get either the Castle 35a ESC or the Align ESC. I have the Align on my 450 and I won't run anything else. Very smooth and does what it needs to do. The only downside to the Align ESC is the governor sucks, but who runs a governor on a 450? lmao.

Trash the YEP's. If you want a GREAT ESC, get the YGE, which is what the YEP is supposed to be, but failed.

Another question is placement. Do you watn it under the battery tray? If so, Go with Align.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Thanks everyone and Tony, i ordered the CC Talon 35a and going to give that a try. I'm going to stop buying cheap because like Tony and everyone else says;"You get what you pay for! " Thanks again for everyone input and looking foward to new esc when it arrives.

Tony

Staff member
Right on. Let us know when you get it and how you like it. be sure to use the coupon that comes with it to get the programmer.

Lee

Bad luck on the YEP.
I've been running one for two years in my Warp and love it.
The Hobbywing ESCs are really good, as are the Castle.

murankar

Staff member
I have the Castle Phoenix Edge 50 Lite on my rig and have not had an issue as of yet. You will get a gift card with the esc for a free castle link which is used for programing the esc. You can still use the radio but once you get the castle link you wont want to go back.

Top Bottom