General fitting gyro gy48v

hi tony its me again got a wee prob,I have fitted the gyro and tried to set it up but when i went to test the tail just spins round and round then when i give it opposite stick it starts spining the other way can you shed so light please and tell me what i am doing wrong ta

also i have to have the gyro on full limit to grt thr tail servo to move in head hold, If i give right stick the tail rotor goes left it holds for a second then starts to creep over to the full right

Lee

Ok First your gyro is reversed. So instead of compensating for the tail movement, its adding to it.
The other problem would be easier to fix if you can video it and show us whats what Davie.

thanks lee thats a bit better but how can i tame the rudder control down on the dx6 and is it the moving tail rotor you wouls like to see but i dont know how to put it on here m8

i have moved the gyro limit down to less than 50% and the delay is on 50 % on the dx gyro setting it is set to 65% on h/h will the gyro be ok on its side as that is the only way i could fit it

Tony

Staff member
As far as what I can remember, the 48v can not be on it's side. It needs the lable facing up, and the lettering able to be read from either the front, or the back, not the sides.

lol ye i think i have just broke the servo as i dont think its a digital one hahaha its not moving at all the gyro is blinking away when i move the stick but servo is seized lol back to the drawing board

Tony

Staff member
Are you sure you don't have it plugged in backwards to the gyro? It's happened to all of us.

never mind i am going out with my nexus 30 tomorrow have just made up some training aids for it,The ninja seems to be hard work can never get it right. Will order a new servo and let you know when i get it, will try and take some film of flight if i dont brake it first lmao

Lee

Nightmare Davie. I did ask you if it was digital before ?? If your gyro is set to Analog then you cannot hurt the servo even if its digital. So always put the gyro in Analog until you are positive what servo you have DOH!!!! :D

ye lee i am going to get a digital servo prob tommorrow theya re better i think, could that be the reason the rotors were moving from left to right on there own m8

Last edited:

Lee

Servo creep as its called, can be dialled out using subtrim. Just add or subtract the subtrim in your subtrim menu until it stops creeping to one side.

Top Bottom