500 First Thread in the 500 group

Rc-Help Member

I Love This Site!
I took the ole CX500 out for a spin today and she is purring like a kitten. I like the turnigy mg930 servos.

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Thatls some good news, seeing as that is what I have in my 500 lol. I'm really hoping that I get a good day this week. Cause if I do, I will be posting the maiden of my HK500GT. Man I can't wait! Post up some video if you have it Tommy.

Whirlybird

I've got my Bullet 500 (it actually looks identical to Tony's HK500GT, so I might as well call it that :) ) standing ready for some good weather . . . the 5 day does not look promising :(

Tony

Staff member
Sadly, today is almost perfect outside, and I have to run into town to pick up some parts for the kit's. Hopefully it will be like this later on and I will throw my 500 in the air.

thanks so much for the video tony! went back thru my hk500gt thanks to you! double checked everything made it a breeze with your video!

Tony

Staff member
Thanks brad, let us know how it fly's when you get it in the air. Or better yet, get some video and post it in the Members Video Section.

it flew great before lol! no crash or anything, you just got me paranoid and made me check everything again! yea i wil def get some vid up! I will be putting it in a coast guard jayhawk hopefully in the next few weeks. Funds have been limited the past few months. I have been on OJI since dec 8th due to a rotator cuff tear, had sugery 2 weeks ago, so im on the road to recovery. I think im going to treat myself to a HK600GT when im fully healed lol!

Tony

Staff member
hahaha, sounds like a plan to me. Be sure to put good electronics in that one. The ESC that I purchased sucks, and you really need a good gyro and tail servo. Can't wait to see the 500 in the air again.

Rc-Help Member

I Love This Site!
I got my Align Trex 500 SE Canopy yesterday and Wow!! the quality really shines. I'm going to try and do some hovering this evening, I'll try to remember to turn the camera on..

Yeeeeeeee Haaaaawww!! Giddieup!

tr911 need to see some pics!!! Wish i could have gotten a trex but oh well went with what the wallet could afford! So far I have been extremely pleased with the hk500gt, I only fly scale type flying so it will be fine for me lol!

Tony

Staff member
Brad, that is the ESC that I plan on getting, and the 100A for the 600 like you said.

Tommy, you had better turn the camera on hahaha. I want to see that new canopy lol.

Rc-Help Member

I Love This Site!
tr911 need to see some pics!!! Wish i could have gotten a trex but oh well went with what the wallet could afford! So far I have been extremely pleased with the hk500gt, I only fly scale type flying so it will be fine for me lol!

It's a CopterX with a Trex Canopy... lol

Rc-Help Member

I Love This Site!
Here we go. A little hover action with no editing.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SLjwO9S1Vtc?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SLjwO9S1Vtc?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Tony

Staff member
I wish mine was that stable. I would be throwing that thing all over the place. Great looking Z as well!

Rc-Help Member

I Love This Site!
Dang it all, I put a new front taildrive gear and a new tail rotor on the thing and flew perfect for about 5 minutes, went to land and for no apparent reason the front taildrive gear stripped again. Of all the luck.

Tony

Staff member
wow, what does the gear mesh look like on it when it's installed? Too tight or too loose, and it will do that. Also, what about the bearings that hold the TT? are they spinning free?

Rc-Help Member

I Love This Site!
I checked it all out before I flew it and it all looked good to me. I guess it was a cheap Chinese gear. It is belt drive not tt. It didnt strip it all the way broke one stinkin tooth out and now it grinds at that point.

Last edited:
Top Bottom