General First plane, first problems...

Cyclodries

Dear members,

I recently bought my first RTF Glider. It's the Dynam Sonic 185...
I read some good reviews and it looked like a good trainer-aircraft.

When it arrived, I carefully assembled the parts ( which wasn't too difficult at all) but I instantly noticed an major problem.
Well... The props turn in the wrong way! I actually have a reverse thrust and I don't know what to do with it, cuz as I have to say, I'm very very new in this.
I checked the connections and there are only two that could have been connected wrong (the receiver to the ESC OR the ESC to the motor... All these seem to be right. Of course I can turn the propblades, but then they don't fold back anymore to reduce the drag when idle.

It was a RTF, so I should not demount the motor, should I? Can it be a fault in fabrication, or is it just me being very unexperienced?

Let me know, im very curious
Cheers...

Adam

Yes you should have three wires normally a black ground and two colored wires change the colored ones around and you should be golden let us know if it works

murankar

Staff member
Actually a brushless motor is three phase and there is no polarity on the wires. You can flip ANY two of the three wires and you will get the same result.

Glad you solved it.

Tony

Staff member
As URI stated, it doesn't matter what wires you flip, they will all do the same thing. And to the OP, RTF just means you receive everything to fly the plane, it doesn't mean put it together and toss it into the sky as you have seen with this plane. It's even more so on helicopters. Myself personally, I always buy a kit or ARF just for this reason. Then I will have some control on what goes into the plane/heli.

If there is anything else we can help out with, just let us know. There is usually someone on here 24 hours a day that can help out. Hope to see this plane in the air soon.

Oh, and welcome to the site!
:welcome1:

Top Bottom