Misc First hexa video

WyDiablo

This is my first hexa video using the GoPro camera. This is raw video and the only thing I changed was the video format from mp4 to mpeg. Still a tinny bit of vibs but I think i known whats causing that. My camera mount is way too tight i think.

http://youtu.be/tvEvuVUfnIE

Lee

Looks good mate,
I didn't really see any camera vibes, just a wobble from the copter itself. Have you balanced all the blades? That makes a huge difference. Now you nee to strap some FPV gear on that beast and let it rip. :D

WyDiablo

Yea, the hexa was shipped fully assembled and after it arrived I sat down and rechecked the props and the balance was fine. The only thing that was off was the weight from prop to prop. So after appliing tape I now have all 6 props that weight the same. I did not think the weight would be that much off from prop to prop but it sure was. It was off enough to cause a really bad vibration at first flight. I'm now in the process of doing the same thing with my extra props. As far as FPV I don't think I will be going the route right away. Its really bigger than my wallet. Happy flying guys and gals

murankar

Staff member
If you are going to consider it just buy it a piece at a time. That's how I built my heli, it took about 3 months from the first purchase to first flight. In a way it was worth the wait and now I have to wait again. Also if you do plan on it start your research now so you have a good idea of what is going to work and what wont.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Yea, the hexa was shipped fully assembled and after it arrived I sat down and rechecked the props and the balance was fine. The only thing that was off was the weight from prop to prop. So after appliing tape I now have all 6 props that weight the same. I did not think the weight would be that much off from prop to prop but it sure was. It was off enough to cause a really bad vibration at first flight. I'm now in the process of doing the same thing with my extra props. As far as FPV I don't think I will be going the route right away. Its really bigger than my wallet. Happy flying guys and gals

You have the go pro allready. $5.00 for the patch cord. On ebay. And about $120.00 for a decent rx, tx combo on e bay. The fat sharks are a little pricey, but you can get a used pair realitivly cheep. Or just use your lap top for a monitor! Not too bad considering! Lol. I got my tx, rx combo used for $55.00.

- - - Updated - - -

You have the go pro allready. $5.00 for the patch cord. On ebay. And about $120.00 for a decent rx, tx combo on e bay. The fat sharks are a little pricey, but you can get a used pair realitivly cheep. Or just use your lap top for a monitor! Not too bad considering! Lol. I got my tx, rx combo used for $55.00.

WyDiablo

Well I guess I need the 5.8 system because I use a spektrum DX7 2.4 tx. And thanks for that link breeze400 that sounds like a good deal.

Lee

My 5.8 system was $70 from BEVRC plus i bought the clover leaf antennas to give me better reception. You can get a $29 cable from ebay to put the video through your laptop and record the flight. And the go pro cable for $15 or so. I haven't flown that far away from me yet but far enough not to see it by eye. Its awesome fun. Then once you realise how great it is and you have the funds, buy the goggles.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I guess what were saying is look around. There are lots of systems out there. E bay has lots of them ranging from $70 to $150. The one I linked you to is is one of the best out there! Although you might not need the batteries that Come with it. I payed $5 for my go pro cable to go to the transmitter. On e bay. That's what I'm going to use on the h quad I'm building.

Lee

My friend has the go pro cable coming with his QAV, so i will try that one and if i like it, i will do the same on my H Quad which by the way, i just ordered the KK LCD board from Hobby king shipped today.

WyDiablo

Well if I decide to go the "FPV" route I will by something low priced or one piece at a time. I have already strained my wallet enouth this year lol

Tasajara

Good props make a word of difference. I use Graupner props when I can. I also found on the cheaper motors you may need to balance them also. I did this on my FPV quad and got rid of a lot of vibration.
I use my android phone and a pull tie.
Here is an Idea what I mean. The only difference I do is rubber band a paint stick to my Multirotor boom and lay my phone right on the stick on the boom.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh Yeah... Nice video for the first time out....

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony

Staff member
The i5 is a piece of crap. Way too many things are being removed. My wife and I both will be selling our i4's shortly and we are going Droid. Apple is not doing things so smart now that Jobs is dead.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
The i5 is a piece of crap. Way too many things are being removed. My wife and I both will be selling our i4's shortly and we are going Droid. Apple is not doing things so smart now that Jobs is dead.

Jobs is dead?

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, Steve Jobs, pretty much the creator of the iPhone, iPad and so on. Hell he was the founder of Apple back in the 70's with Steve Wozniak. Then the corporate A-holes took it over. Pretty much why I'm a windows guy and not a Mac fan.

Top Bottom