First Heli build

eppsy

Hi all, I've just received a shiny Trex 450 PRO DFC Super Combo in the mail and unpacked it. With it came a Spektrum DX8 which is particularly shiny and new too. I'm waiting for batteries to arrive. I also need to get some other stuff for the build that wasn't included in the kit (grease, oil, glue).
I've done some reading and Tony's videos will be a massive help. Looks daunting though...

Microbus

Welcome to the forum, Eppsy. I'm not experienced enough to give you advice with the build, but the other guys here will have you up and flying in no time!

Derek

Hi all, I've just received a shiny Trex 450 PRO DFC Super Combo in the mail and unpacked it. With it came a Spektrum DX8 which is particularly shiny and new too. I'm waiting for batteries to arrive. I also need to get some other stuff for the build that wasn't included in the kit (grease, oil, glue).
I've done some reading and Tony's videos will be a massive help. Looks daunting though...

Just take your time and follow the manual. There is no rush. if you do run into troubles....just hollar....there are alot of people here with 450's and I know for sure they will help you out.

eppsy

Thanks for the welcome gents. I liked your thread too Marius of your build. I'll be looking at it too for guidance along the way. Let's hope I'm not building an air-to-surface missile...
I'll post pics as I go...

murankar

Staff member
its very daunting at first, but once you get started you'll see the piece count go down quickly. Keep in mind that there are a lot of small pieces that make up the head and air frame, the tail is not as complicated as it may appear. Good luck and welcome to RCH!! FTW

Tony

Staff member
:welcome1:

Thanks for joining up, and as stated, the build is not as bad as you are thinking now. It will take a little time, but pieces on this kit should just fall in place. If you get stuck or have any questions, just ask.

eppsy

The build is going pretty well. Ready for the ESC and tail servo mount now. Where is the best place for the AR8000 and the satellite receiver? I'm not 100% sure of the wiring between all the electricals so I still have some reading to do.
I also realised that I have to solder on a plug for the battery connection. Drats. I don't have that kit so looks like it's another trip to the LHS.
Apologies if the questions I ask flat out don't make sense...

murankar

Staff member
If that's fbl then putting it on the front tail boom mount on top or in the frame on the gyro mount in the frame if you have that option.

Lee

G'day Eppsy,
You have a great heli` there. Tells us a bit about yourself. How you got in to the hobby, other helis, experience so far. I lived in Manly for 6 months. Loved it there.
Cheers Lee

eppsy

Howdy Lee,
I'm a northern beaches boy originally - up at Elanora. Moved out to Penrith once the munchkins started to appear.
I had a small coaxial heli a few years ago which i flew in the backyard - nothing fancy. I innocently started looking at helis again recently and the new tech that goes into them and what they can do and it spiked my interest again. I've got a good machine this time and I'm stinging to get it finished.
Eppsy

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Matthias. The 3GX unit is underneath so, yes, that leaves a prefectly good spot for it on the front tail boom.

Tony

Staff member
If you would please, post your questions in the 450 section. The introduction section is just for new member introductions.

Tony

Staff member
No worries. We ask this so that any new members that come in and do a search have an easier time finding the information on the forum. Most just go into the sections where they are looking and thus, easier to find.

Top Bottom