First Garden Till Of The Season

Tony

Staff member
It's time to get the garden season started, and I do that with a first till to help get everything down in the dirt to start breaking down. Before I shot this video, I put the middle buster on the tractor and ran it through there. That is why the garden looks so rough in the beginning of the video. I did this to help break up the soil, and that middle buster gets lower in the dirt than the tiller does.

I tilled perpendicular to the way I draw my rows. When we are ready to plant, I will till it one more time going the other way, then pull my rows with the row hippers. If I can get the funds available, I will be laying some T Tape in the rows and covering them up before drawing the rows. This should not only save me on my water, but it should help control those weeds. More on this in a future video.

If you have questions or suggestions on what you would like to see in the upcoming videos, post below in the comment section and I will see about making a video on your suggestion. Thanks for watching and be sure to click that like button!

Smoggie

Round here at this time of year the ground varies between waterlogged and frozen solid. It will be a couple of months before I could get near the garden.

Maybe I should emigrate :(

Tony

Staff member
It has been pretty nice around here lately. It was a little chilly that day (around 35 or about 2 or 3 Celsius) so chilly, but workable. Today however, we are going to hit a high of 80 or so (26-27C) then tomorrow, we are back down to about 40 (4C). Friggin roller coaster ride I tell ya lol.

but this till was to kill anything that thought about coming up. Now I wait until the ground starts to warm enough to sprout all of the volunteer seeds that are in there, and I till again to kill them. There will be more but the next till will kill all of them, or most. From there, we plant...

liquid1

Tony, nice setup I noticed a few radio or power towers in back ground which camera are you using considering the vibration it done pretty good. Dirt looks good..

liquid1

Round here at this time of year the ground varies between waterlogged and frozen solid. It will be a couple of months before I could get near the garden.

Maybe I should emigrate :(
You could start up a RC heli Training program for anything RC here in the states .. wahoo

Tony

Staff member
Those are high tension power lines. They just put new ones in not too long ago. And the camera I'm using is the one below. Not a bad camera for the price.

Amazon product

Tony

Staff member
I don't function at all before coffee. Well, I do, it's called RAGE! Everyone knows not to mess with me before at least two cups lmao.

liquid1

You sound like my wife , The sqaw Indian comes out in her with out coffee . I’m a morning person wide open as soon as feet hit the floor a nice cup of coffee helps simmer me down lol

Tony

Staff member
Well, after about two pots, I'm pretty much the nicest person you met.... You catch me before that first cup, well, just use your imagination.....

fridaythe13thsavinijason.jpg

Tony

Staff member
Yup, central Oklahoma. Right in the middle of the plains. Small mountains south and east of me (and west if you make it to NM lol), but here, well, there is a reason the song "Oklahoma" says "when the winds come sweeping down the plains" lmao.

Top Bottom