first early morning flight of the year

danhampson

So guys i finished work at 6am and headed out to my local field armed with my msh protos and trex 150 (sorry guys no video this time).

After flying about half of the first pack on the 150 i decided that i was going to try some inverted hovering, half back flipped her from tail in to inverted nose, in it wasn't pretty and she was all over the place (its so much easier on the sim), she started to get a bit close to me so i back flipped out to upright tail in. What a rush all those hours of inverted hovering on the sim are finally starting to pay off.
So i used up my other 2 packs for the 150 flipping to inverted trying to hold position, the when uncomfortable with the distance the heli was in relation to me i flipped her back. i didnt loose orientation once but was being very cautious. All in all i got about 9 mins of inverted practice in without crashing (result)

after the 150 was packed up i sorted the protos out and spooled her up (its been a while since shes been flown) and was completely intimidated by her and just ended up doing so upright practice (orientaion, curcuits, 8's). i had forgotten how much louder and more powerful she is.

So i had a great morning and am really loving the 150 for trying new things out, i need to get some more protos batteries and get out there, it seems like ive gone backwards over the winter (only being able to sim) or maybe just lost a bit of confidence.

Batteries are on charge and Im hoping for some more of the same after work tommorow, I think this is the start of my 2014 season and its was a pretty good one.

Happy flying.

murankar

Staff member
Winter plays with your skills. Maybe go into the SIM and tweak the model to be more sensitive.

Sounds like you had a great time flying, keep it up.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

danhampson

i updated phoenix a couple of days ago and find that the tx (dx6i) doesnt seem to have a bead band around center like 4.0, which makes it feel more real.

I do fly a tweeked version of the protos on 4.0 but havent had the time to play with the settings in 5.0 yet, I might have a look at them later today if i get chance.

Admiral

Sounds like you had a gear morning, I love early mornings little or no wind same with people, your in your own zone.

murankar

Staff member
I just put the protos on rf7. The file is for rf g4.5, it flies like crap. I need to find a better version.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

danhampson

Cheers Lee it was good fun. The car is packed and ready for morning.

I've had a look at Phoenix and put all the relevant settings (weight, motor kW, gear ratio, ect.....)
It seems to fly alot more like the real thing.

Top Bottom