Projects Finishing Align T-rex 470lt For Practice Flight

jdelajaraf

Hi guys. I'm needing some guidance on the final steps of setting up my Heli so I can start practicing to flight. I've followed a series of detailed videos (from Enterprise Hobby) where the building procedure was shown, and now the only parts that need to be assemmbled are the main blades and the canopy, I have also binded my Transmitter (Spektrum DX7s) with the main Receiver and configured the servo frequencies in the Microbeast Plus, however I'm lost in the order of the following tasks:
1.- Spektrum DX7s programming
2.- Microbeast Plus configuration
3.- Swash plate levelling
For the tasks 1 and 2 I'm looking for a minimal configuration that allows me to practice with safety and slow flight. For the transmitter what would be the values and options that would fit with the above requeriments? And in the case of the Microbeast Plus what options should I configure so it works for a basic flight?.
Thank you very much for your help.

Tony

Staff member
1.- You will do very little setup in your Tx. On the MicroBeast, or any BeastX gyro, you will do almost all setup in the gyro. Just leave your settings stock on the DX7s.

2.- You can follow the video below. Microbeast, beastx and the AR7200BX use the exact same setup procedure.

3.- You will level the swash in menu G of the setup of the microbeast. You can use a swash leveling tool, or you can use a ziptie. Below the setup video is the video I shot on using a ziptie as a swash leveling tool. As for your comment on "minimal configuration", you do not want to skimp on the gyro setup. There are going to be some settings in your gyro since you have the "Plus" version which has self leveling in it. I have never had a BX gyro with that feature because I never wanted to spend $300 on a gyro. So for that, you will need to follow the manual.

There is no such thing as a "basic flight". Take your time on the setup and do NOT rush it. These helicopters are not toys and can seriously injure or kill if setup improperly. Always be safe.

Here is the video on setting up the BX

Here is the video on setting up the swash with a ziptie.

jdelajaraf

Wow that was a fast response Tony!. Thank you. I have a swash leveller so I' ll use it. In the case of the gyro, the Microbeast Plus came with the Helicopter kit so maybe it was bargain. Maybe I expressed badly, with basic flight I mean normal flight not acrobatics or less so 3D and you're right I will not rush on it, I want to make it in a secure way. In the case of the transmitter, there are a lot of option in the settings menu and in the main menu (servo, tail, mixing, swashplate, etc) which ones should I configure?. Thank you again.

Smoggie

You can leave most settings at default value. No mixing is required, it's all done in the Microbeast. Swash type should be set 'Normal' or 'single servo' which I think is default. About all you need to do is set up throttle and pitch curves.

Tony

Staff member
As Steve stated, you will leave the settings alone in the transmitter. Create a fresh model, select helicopter, and make sure the swash is set to 1 Servo 90º or 'Normal', I can't remember what the 7s says. From there, start setting up your gyro. You will want a linear pitch curve so you will not have to adjust that until after you have the gyro setup. Once done with that, then you can decide if you want tail gyro gain in your Tx, or just leave it on the gyro which is default. You can also decide if you want DR/Expo in the Tx or in the gyro. IMO, I would leave everything in the gyro until you are comfortable with flying.

jdelajaraf

Ok, thank you. I have a question about the swash plate config: The kit came with three servos, leaving it at 1 Servo at 90º will make all the main servos act as one?. For the moment, and until I feel comfortable with normal flight, I'm not thinking in using any advanced feature (mixing, DR/Expo, etc). I'm following Tony's DX8 videos to see what settings I can use in my case. Problem is, that there are so many parameters that it is easy to get lost, but I'll take my time to sort it out.

Tony

Staff member
Don't even worry about following my DX8 videos. Most of those I believe were on the 3GX, which required mixing for the swash inside the transmitter. For your MicroBeast, the gyro does the mixing for you. So definitely leave it set to 1 Servo 90º otherwise you will have issues. Take a look at that AR7200BX video I posted above. It should help out.

Top Bottom