Projects Finished the build!

westray

Well,the build is finished and I just need to wait for some calm weather for the maiden flight. Like your build Tony the plane is tail heavy when I tried to balance it at 1/3 of the wing chord. The battery is as far forward as it can go and the ESC is also well forward. I was going to go to a local tyre supplier tomorrow to get some adhesive tyre balancing weights to try and weight the nose down so I can move the battery back a bit. Other than this,is there any way of lightening the section after the wing to save adding weight to the nose. I was also thinking if I built this again of extending the fuselage forward of the wing by a couple of inches to try and balance it out better. What do you think?

Tony

Staff member
I know the plane can handle the extra weight, but it will reduce the overall flight time a bit. You can try moving the tail servos forward. You can also put a larger motor on it or even a larger battery for more flight time. If it's tail heavy, it will be very "pitchy" in the air and a little hard to control for a maiden.

I was designing another plane before I got busy with life and I actually used 4 AA batteries to balance the plane. It worked great. Might save you a little cash and give you an idea of how much weight you will need.

I will see if I can find the time to figure out how to move the CoG on the plane so it will balance out better. It will be a while though.

Top Bottom