General fingers and thumbs

As im a complete beginner what is the recommended way of using your tx. Is it better to use thumbs on the sticks or thumbs and fingers as if you are "pinching the sticks, thanks

murankar

Staff member
What ever is comfortable. Mist say that if you pinch you have more accurate control. I personally use thumbs and I spoke with folks who use a modified pinch. Its hard to explain.

Give both a try and see what works for you.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Tony

Staff member
I used to use thumbs only and while I was taking a break from flying and doing a lot of simming, I forced myself to use a modified pinch. What that is, is you put your thumbs on the top of the sticks like you were thumbing it, then you put your index fingers on the top of the sticks and you "kinda" pinch the sticks. This is the way I do it, and I have to say, my control is WAY better than it was before. I suggest pinching the sticks, or doing the modified pinch like I do. Thumbs are just not accurate. But I say that, and Bert Kammerer uses thumbs lol. But he has also said that he has pressed so hard on the sticks that he has made his thumbs bleed lol.

EyeStation

"But he has also said that he has pressed so hard on the sticks that he has made his thumbs bleed lol."
That was my first lawn dart with my 450. I think i figured out the reversed elevator at that time.

Lillyryan

Yes i use the pinch method. When i was taught to fly i was told to "hold the sticks like the queen holding a tramps ****. lol
It is very accurate though.

(Easy on the language please. Thanks.)

Admiral

I had to grab my Tx to work out what I use, it's the modified pinch, I purposely made myself go from Thumbs to Pinch when I started with CP 450 models, I am not sure when or how that became the Modified Pinch, but it works for me.

Thanks very much guys i will start using the pinch method from now on. Just found a local RC club tonight which has some helicopter guys in it who are willing to help me out. One of them is a retired airforce heli pilot who now flies RC. Its got an inside flying area which was an old ice rink so plenty of room even for the fixed wing guys. I start with them next week, really looking forward to it.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
You luck out to find an indoor place to fly and a wing man to help you out, Sweet. No matter what style of grip you use, just go out and have a bast. That's whats all about, FUN.

prior8t2000

I learned the easy way by PINCH-ing, from my past X-female partners. Flying Heli's was a easy carry over for me on the sticks.. My daughter uses her Thumbs tho, to fly her 380 Goblin Yellow

Top Bottom