ESC Finding the right ESC

Gilbert

Hi All,

Currently I am trying to change a 43 inches mono boat from gas power to FE. The original 26cc gas power boat was doing fine and I hope to achieve a better speed by using FE.

On the first few runs, I was using an 180amp ESC, with a 1000kv 5694 motor using 2x 6S 4000mah 30c batteries in parallel on both 457/459 CNC propeller with no problem at all, even after several runs all fittings were in good conditions, all at a temperature of below 40 C. The speed was fast but not explosive.

So I work on doing some modification I changed to a 1200kv 5694 motor and also changing to 2 x 6S 5300mah 30c in parallel also using the same 459 three plate propeller, after 2 minutes in the water, the 180Amp ESC went up in smoke and burnt to the ground, it had almost got the whole boat on fire.

Some body told me to use an ESC with lower amp and changing to a smaller propeller but I do not want to compromise in speed.

Please help to work out the right ESC for this combination.

Gilbert

Lee

Can you set the boat up on a test stand? Put a power meter on it and find out what Amps etc it is drawing. To do this you obviously need to have an ESC in the first place, so it will be no help in choosing one.

Top Bottom