450 Finding Cg On Helo.

Hirobo.61

:goodevil:I’m new to your forum; and relatively new to RC helicopters. I have a Lite Machines 110 helo - recently given to me by a friend. It ha been converted to electric and I’ m trying to get it set up - tp practice the hover. This is a fixed up pitch, with flybar older model helo.
Can someone explain to me how to find CG on a helicopter? What is the set-up for this technique? Thank you for your input-you guys know I’ll be back with more questions.

sneezy007

Welcome Hirobo, lots of great people to help out here.

Finding the CG on heli is pretty easy. Pick up the heli with two fingers right where the blades grips are. If the heli hangs level, the CG is correct. If the heli is nose or tail heli, you'll have to make some adjustments. The easiest way is usually to adjust the position of the battery. Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Dino

murankar

Staff member
Another way is to grasp the head with the mains running down the boom fully extended ready to fly. Next hold your elbows in tight to your side. Hold your arms out level with the ground. The heli should be in a side down knife edge.

Which ever end drops that's where your heavy at. If anything should be heavy error to nose heavy. Tail heavy could cause a stall.

Hirobo.61

I'm sorry for the email when trying to post a thread in the Helicopter; how do reset my profile or whatever so this doesn't happen again

Top Bottom