Finally!

trainrider06

all the scraping scraping for parts, questions help confusion, she's up and running...
Thanks to all who put up with my questions and problems!
....oh shoot! Sorry about that satillite wire Tony! image.jpg

image.jpg

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Is this what the AR7200BX is going into? That is sharp looking machine there! Good luck with that bird.

Tony

Staff member
OMG, what are you people trying to do to me!!!!! :emono:

haha, helicopter looks great bro! Can't wait to see the video of it in the air!

trainrider06

OMG, what are you people trying to do to me!!!!! :emono:

haha, helicopter looks great bro! Can't wait to see the video of it in the air!

Thanks Tony, well if this wind don't quit, I might just be sitting here looking at it for a while...

- - - Updated - - -

Here is a picture of my bird with the AR in it. Not as big but it works! LoLView attachment 13783

Ah man a Gaui huh? Sweet! how do you like it? I hear they are pretty nicely made birds...

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Thanks Tony, well if this wind don't quit, I might just be sitting here looking at it for a while...

- - - Updated - - -

Ah man a Gaui huh? Sweet! how do you like it? I hear they are pretty nicely made birds...

I'm very pleased with the way Gaui handles and how the build went very smoothly. Special thanks to murankar videos to help me out along the way.

murankar

Staff member
I have about 40 flights on mine and so far its doing great. Had a crash with it already and it held up quite well. Its a beefy frame and the battery placement is ideal for those hard nose first crashes. One thing I do recommend is multiple battery trays. I intend on getting at least 4 more, I only need 3 more but they are sold in pairs.

The repair parts (for the mist part) are sold in pairs except for the main things like frames, head block and tail output box. The X3 also has a belt conversion that is not 3rd party.

One thing I am waiting for is the new side frames to be released. Well that's if they ever get released.

I can't speak on the other classes they have but if the X3 is any indication then its a great choice. Parts a fairly inexpensive and kit costs are comparable to other too brands. Great alternative to Align.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

trainrider06

I have about 40 flights on mine and so far its doing great. Had a crash with it already and it held up quite well. Its a beefy frame and the battery placement is ideal for those hard nose first crashes. One thing I do recommend is multiple battery trays. I intend on getting at least 4 more, I only need 3 more but they are sold in pairs.

The repair parts (for the mist part) are sold in pairs except for the main things like frames, head block and tail output box. The X3 also has a belt conversion that is not 3rd party.

One thing I am waiting for is the new side frames to be released. Well that's if they ever get released.

I can't speak on the other classes they have but if the X3 is any indication then its a great choice. Parts a fairly inexpensive and kit costs are comparable to other too brands. Great alternative to Align.

What is the size on an X3? I kinda want a Blade 300CFX, but if this is similar size or larger I'd rather look into one of
the X3's

- - - Updated - - -

That's a great looking machine trainrider06.

Thank you bbj! It sure is a nice stable machine! Love the power and the sound of it!

murankar

Staff member
Its hard to explain.

Based on Align standard its a 450. This standard was based off motor size.

If you base it off blade size its a 360. Personally I rather go by blade size since that seems to be more consistent. This kit can swing 325mm 326mm and 360mm(6s setup a must on this size).

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Yup, it's the same as the Align 450 Dominator and Warp 360. It's a great size helicopter and I want one in a bad way!!!

Tony

Staff member
It's worth a look. I think the Dominator is the cheapest, with the Warp being next and the Gaui the most expensive. I think anyway. Then there is the Goblin 380...

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Yup, it's the same as the Align 450 Dominator and Warp 360. It's a great size helicopter and I want one in a bad way!!!

My friend has HK 500 that he flies with and he's been hot for the Dominator himself til i got my Gaui and started to fly that instead of the Tarot 450 "Waiting on RX" now he's leaning toward the Gaui. I'm happy with mine and murankar will be happy once his KST215MG are installed, i hope. That's what i have on mine all around and she steady and stable.

murankar

Staff member
I got my bare bones kit with upgraded tail grips for $209 at helidirect. For under $100 you can get the standard tail. For around $380 you can get the upgraded tail grips and a branded authentic mini bar. Looks like the component offerings for combo deals were taken down from heli direct. They also had a an RJX servo deal along with an ikon and castle edge 35 amp esc. yes the up front cost of the Gaui is a little more but you get to kit the heli the way you want it.

As for long term costs, well they are on par with align. I almost got an align instead of the Gaui but I opted for the X3. I found that between a standard 450 pro dfc and the X3 the X3 came out a tad cheaper.

Yes I will be a lot happier when those servos come in.

Oh the KST servos are the exact same thing as RJX servos which Gaui uses as their stock servos.

Last edited:

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I got my bare bones kit with upgraded tail grips for $209 at helidirect. For under $100 you can get the standard tail. For around $380 you can get the upgraded tail grips and a branded authentic mini bar. Looks like the component offerings for combo deals were taken down from heli direct. They also had a an RJX servo deal along with an ikon and castle edge 35 amp esc. yes the up front cost of the Gaui is a little more but you get to kit the heli the way you want it.

As for long term costs, well they are on par with align. I almost got an align instead of the Gaui but I opted for the X3. I found that between a standard 450 pro dfc and the X3 the X3 came out a tad cheaper.

Yes I will be a lot happier when those servos come in.

Oh the KST servos are the exact same thing as RJX servos which Gaui uses as their stock servos.

The RJK servos are heavier and cost more, i heard. Now KST has 315MG and they state to be swash plate servos and the 215MG servo are tail servos. Whats up with that? I notice that a lot of people have 215 all around so what's right, 315 for cyclic and 215 for tail or 215 all around or just go with what works for the individual, I guess. I'M SO CONFUSE but so far I'm loving my 215s all around.

murankar

Staff member
The 215s are both swash and tail. The 315s maybe just swash or a new generation of the 215s.

Top Bottom