450 Finally- my first HK450GT is here!

jaguarxj1

Ta daaaam! After 12 days of waiting, now I have my first first first heli!!! Here it is:

f737a385014abd4e0a8bfcddecf3632176.png

Just a few questions:

There's SO MANY tiny parts, bolts and screws... I'm shocked :nightmare:

Can I build (try to build) my heli without electronics? I mean I don't have servos and everything else.

Or wait for them first?? Thanks in advance guys!

Jag

P.S. WHooooooooHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Lee

You can and should do a dry build (no locktight) first, to make sure everything fits together and is there. Make sure you have a good 1.5mm allen key so you dont strip heads. When assembling with loctite on the real assembly, dont over do it and only tighten finger tight. let the loctite do its job. I hear so many times people stripping threads when they come to disassembling after a crash. You dont need to crank on the screwdriver and drown them in loctite :D

zapster

You will love it !I just got done the HK450 GT Pro it went together awesome and your heli is just as good as mine just has an oversized tail servo.
Yeah put it together dry first. if any screws seem to start hard back them out and blow in the hole even the smallest amount of carbon fiber will bind a screw up,I had maybe two, good luck cant wait to see it.

Tony

Staff member
Dry fitting is a must. And don't put any thread lock on there until after you get your servos. If I remember correctly, you are going with the MG90s servos. These need to be installed on the inside of the frame so the frame will have to come apart. Good luck. Can't wait to see it up and running.

Looks good Jag, yep as all above have said do the dry fit run first without using thread-locker. looking for to seing the build progress.

jaguarxj1

Howdy boyz and girlz, presenting first firs first ccpm "flight" in my life (it's jumping i guess)

new servo on the tail, because I had corona 919 before, it was faulty, but now I have turnigy ds480, it work's good with my assan ga250, so my setup looks like that :

HK450GT kit

x3 Turnigy MG90S ( cyclic )

x1 Turnigy DS480 ( rudder ) + ASSAN GA250 Gyro

Turnigy Sentry 40amp ESC

Turnigy Typhoon 450H 2215H Heli Motor (3550kv)

Turnigy 2200mAh 3S 25C battery

And my favourite Tx - Spektrum DX6i

Let's look the maiden "jumpy Flight" :D

After this minute of flight, my hands were shaking, heart goes wild, I had enough adrenaline in blood for rest of the day :)

here's second short attempt :

Forgot to say that in second video cameraman got scared of heli blades in front of his face,strange huh ?? lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony

Staff member
For your first flight, that was GREAT! Taking it nice and slow on that first video as well. The second you got a little high, and it showed that you were shaking. Just take it slow and you will get it in no time. Looked a LOT better than my first flight lol. And that tail is looking great with that setup. You may need to lower your gain just a touch. I saw some waggin in that second video. But other than that, great job! Can't wait to see more.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Good job there!

The gyro gain does look on the verge but it's holding tight!! :) Good job on hopping around! As tony said, take it sloooooowwww

and tony, that wag is just cause the training hear got stuck I think...

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Looking good! You need to find a bigger area to fly. More room less chance of chopping off feet lol!

jaguarxj1

Thanks for comments everyone!

Here is more vid of my hover practice, second video it's almost with crash, my friend said: hey, go higher !! I said - well ok, after that I need to replace landing skids lol :DDD

That was last time I fly in my backyard, need mooooore space I think :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Lee

Yeh get out in a field. Even if you think the garden is big enough, the walls make you nervous even when you are nowhere near them.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
You need more room! I would not put her that high in the air till you can control her better! Lol. Before someone gets hurt fly in an open area! Please!

Tony

Staff member
When you go out to a field, get a piece of aluminum or something to put on the ground. Hell spray paint will work. Just give your self a place to hover over, and hover to. Check out my how to fly videos and setup the 5 spots and see what you can do. Be sure to get it on video as well. and I agree with the above, don't go above eye level yet. It will come in time.

By the way, I notice that you are in the UK. I thought everyone over there spoke english. What language are you speaking? Just wondering.

jaguarxj1

hehehe, yeah I'm in UK,but I speak Russian with my friends :) I just working in Uk more then 1 year now, going home this summer...can't wait - there I have my Easy Flight ohhhh, I missed that plane soooo much

37017c7a59f813aa90c74c011f83bbb2758.png

Tony

Staff member
I thought I was catching a little Russian in there lol. And yes, those planes are very easy to fly. I have thought about getting one, and modding the crap out of it just to see what it can do. Cut the wings, bigger motor, better crashes, you know the whole deal lol.

jaguarxj1

yeah my stock plane completely crappy, and motor is fine I guess... after 4 crashes I can't remove one wing now, so I need a BIG car for transporting lol, tried to fix it , but unsuccessful. But hey - this still flies well :D

Tony

Staff member
haha, that's all that matters. If you are proficient at flying it, you can cut the tips of the wings off and make that sucker move like no other. You will lose a lot of stability, but gain a LOT of maneuverability.

jaguarxj1

:D lol , BTW I already seen 99 % of all your vids, before start to building my heli :) very very professional, maybe you are teacher or something like that ? :)

Top Bottom