Finally!!! I Own A Real Helicopter...

Tony

Staff member
kx015080_1.jpg

It only took forever to actually pony up the coinage for a helicopter that I have wanted since I got into this hobby. Well, when I got into it, this helicopter didn't exist, but you know what I'm saying lol.

I'm sure you have read the latest post on the helicopter that I JUST purchased. It was the HK450GT Pro Belt Version from hobbyking. Let me tell you (if you have not read the thread, if so, skip this paragraph), it all started to go wrong when I made the order on Friday. The helicopter was not shipped until Tuesday and it would be another week before I saw it. Charged me $10 to ship something that didn't cost that much to ship. Yeah, strike 1. So I get the kit and all the parts and thought about making a heli video again. Decided not to and about half way through the build, noticed major issues with the kit. Strike 2. So I get it built after 7 hours of building and setting everything up and go out for the maiden flight. I spool it up and I'm having a hell of a time getting the tail to hold. Whatever, it's a cheap gyro with an even cheaper servo, so I fight through it. Take it inside and ponder what to do next. The next day I toss a battery in it and take it out again. This time I'm on one knee looking at blade tracking and trying to figure out where in the hell this tail wag is coming from. Just at that moment a tail blade and grip come flying off and miss my right ear by less than 2". Yeah, STRIKE 3!!! I came inside and tore the helicopter apart and put it all back in it's box. The trash comes this thursday and it may just be in there. In fact, I'm pretty sure it will be. After I take a torch to all of the pieces so no one else can witness the curse of the clone.

So today I'm sitting here at the house and I'm watching some videos and looking at the kit on ebay. The wife turns around and sees what I'm doing and asks how much money we have in the bank. OH!!! This is a good sign! I tell her and she said "go ahead and get it, you need a good helicopter". OH SNAP! I have never heard such beautiful words in my life lmao. I hit the buy button and it was MINE!

According to the shipping on his page, I will have it on friday. We will see if that is true or not. So, I order on a Tuesday from New York and it will be at my house in Oklahoma on Friday. That is 3 days. Much better than the 10 days it took CrapKing.

This helicopter is the 3GX flybarless helicopter with everything. All I have to supply is two satellite rx's and a battery. I have all of those. I can take the Rx's off my planes since I never fly more than 100yd's from me and I have batteries just waiting on me.

So I know you guys are thinking, will I get a DFC head. Well I'm not sure yet. There are some flaws still in them and I would like to get them worked out first. I do like the lower head though and for $40 I may just jump on it. Thing is, where do I get a replacement main shaft? You know I'm going to pile drive this thing into the ground.

Now I know there are some Align HATERS out there but don't worry, this will not be my last helicopter, but the HK was my last clone. From now on, it's name brand only. I'm tired of seeing a manual where the people "no speaka da engrish" and try to translate into english and no one can understand what they are saying. Dammit, just send me the manual and I will proof it for you for free lmao. And I can assure you it will sound a lot better. Well, there will be the occasional "y'all" in there hahaha.

The issue in the past has always been the same with all of the other clones out there when using 'clone' parts. The tail will not hold. The best gyro I used that was a clone was the GA-250 by Assan, but it still had a drift in it. I flew one Align heli with a GP-790 on it and the thing was solid as a rock. That is when I was sold. To the person I did the work for, thank you! Now I just have to wait for it to get here. I will more than likely open the box the first day I get it, and build it the second day. Well unless I get called into work lmao.

Go guys and gals, It's time we get what we pay for here on RCH. I have a strong feeling that I will be pushing "Name Brand" from now on and getting people into the hobby with good parts and not this crap that you never know what the quality is going to be. With clones, one can be fine, the very next one, CRAP. You just never know. I do know that if I have an issue with this heli, I can get it dealt with without worry.

It sucks to spend that much on a helicopter, but if you break it down, you are paying for the electronics more than anything else. A crash is still going to set you back about $20, but that is the price we pay for this hobby. It could be worse, I could be crashing my Edge and lose over $200 on a single dumb thumb mistake lol. Well, here is hoping this helicopter responds like I think it should and here is also hoping I can get into flying helicopters again and stay there lol. :cheers:

Lee

Awesome Tony. I wouldn't throw all the HK stuff away. The none moving parts should be good. Like the frame sides, plastic battery tray, and tail boom. etc

heli-maniac

if you get a DFC head kit for it A Main has the main shafts if you need extras
but from what i see unless your going to start hard core 3D the reguler FBL head will do just fine .

Tony

Staff member
if you get a DFC head kit for it A Main has the main shafts if you need extras
but from what i see unless your going to start hard core 3D the reguler FBL head will do just fine .

A Main, got it. As stated it will be a while before I order it. I want all of the kinks out if it before I put it on my heli.

That's going to be a great heli Tony! I cant wait to see the maiden!

You and I both bro.

- - - Updated - - -

I hit the buy button last night at about 1900, at 0825 this morning it was shipped. That's what I call service!

right on Tony. I am now saving so I can get my Trex 450 Super. I have been watching these posts on many sights about the trouble people have with heli's and the kits that they like best and least. I am finding Blade to be good for begginers in certain models but other Blade models are junk..Like my SR's lol. I will be going with nothing but walkera or Align on my heli's now. My V400D02 is turning out to be the most reliable in my collection. I never have to RE adjust anything unless I hit the ground bad. I can set it and forget it. I love that. not to mention it is much more pilot friendly in the air. I love my Walkera. Thinkin about a Creata 400 after my Trex. Rock on Tony..lookin forward to hearing all about your new baby when it arrives. Namaste.

Tony

Staff member
Should be here Friday maybe Saturday. Either way, I don't think I will get it built until next week.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Congrats Tony! Finally a great heli fir you. Just take your time assembling and flying her and you will be fine!

Tony

Staff member
You know I always put them together correctly. But no matter how much time I spend on the setup, it never overcomes the crap products I have been ordering. That is no more.

murankar

Staff member
I am about to find out if good electronics will improve my clone. In the end I just need more skillz Ithink

Tony

Staff member
If everything goes correctly, I will get this helicopter today. Then I will start on getting some video shot of it.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Hope you get it today! Lol I won't get my new head till next week sometime. Then I'm on vacation for a week starting the 30th. I found the upgrade kit for the head I ordered. Changes it to 3gx with the program update.

Tony

Staff member
Cool deal. You need to get that stuff put on and get back into the air with a helicopter lol. I guess I do as well.

Tony

Staff member
So get it off the bench and hang it on the wall or stick it in a corner somewhere lol.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I need a good 2 3 days to put it together and get it ready to fly! All I have left is the gas tank mounting the rest I'd just wiring and such!

Tony

Staff member
The Align 450 Pro V2 3GX helicopter is in my hands. That was some great customer service on the shipping aspect. If I have an issue, we will see how their other CS is. I'm sure though that I won't have any issues. Everything looked great in the box. Unboxing video to come soon!

Top Bottom