450 finally fixed!!!!!

murankar

Staff member
I hope. I rebuilt the 450 last night and I hope to the rc gods that the mesh is right. I have the smallest amount of play in the main gear with out binding. I know this should be good but you never know.

One thing I learned is that the 11T pinion from align does not have a stopper in it. My 14T has a stopper that prevents the pinion from slipping down the motor shaft. Ultimately that is what caused my main gear to strip out.

I have the new 11T reset and has been for a month now. I hope it holds on a stiff landing.

Let's see how things go and maybe I can get video of the maiden hover.

Lee

I always put a little green thread lock on the shaft before putting my pinions on. Its made for securing bearings, so its not permanent.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
yeah lee's method is better than mine.. I just put blus loctite on my pinion shaft and slide my pinion down it.. fasten it and let it cure. :)

murankar

Staff member
Thanks, I will see if I can find some. Maybe I can get to lewisville during the next 10 days.

murankar

Staff member
I got the first battery charging right. I may not get air time tonight but tomorrow I will for sure. Cant wait to fly again.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Well

If you are going to lewisville then let me know. Ill make that day lewisville day too.. May be we can meet up.. Even fly! ;)

murankar

Staff member
Now it's broke again. I thought I would give one battery a shot while in the back yard. I have been itching to fly for a while and I wanted a test flight before shooting video just to make sure things were spot on. They were until I started doing side hovering. I spun it left side in and next thing I know it's flying towards me and I gave it throttle, then BAM, hit the overhang on the back patio. I need new blades and grips, tail boom, front tail box, tail servo linage rod, pitch linage connector. Things I have on hand are the fly bar, main shaft and feathering shaft. All the servo should be good since they are metal gear.

Over all I am so impressed with he handling of this set up. It feels so smooth and locked in. Anyhow now I have to explain to the wife what just happened then go get on vacation.

I just came from upstairs and was not questioned on the noise lets see how long I can go before I loose my life.

murankar

Staff member
It's real suckage. I should have listened to my inner voice telling me not to. The fact that I have not flown in almost a month really got to me.

Tony

Staff member
If you read what Marius has said in his posts, going just a couple days will dull your skills.

Now to explain why there is a chunk missing out of the overhang... Better you than me :lmao:

stokke

Sorry to hear it, Matthias :upset:
Care to share a pic of the scene of accident as well as the unfortunate birdy?

Tony

Staff member
Yeah Matt, post up the incriminating evidence for your wife to use against you in a bedroom of law...

murankar

Staff member
Look this is my first real crash. Actually my first attempt at flying was the worst for control. Then I realized the gyro did not initialize correctly so I had to reset it twice.
It wasn't so much the rust as it is still lack of flying experience. I should not have been in such a tight area with obstacles. Poor judgment on my part.

She knows now and I think I am forbidden from ordering for a short time. More suckage.

Top Bottom