Quad Finally finished my H Quad

Lee

Today after seeing it sitting in the cupboard for so long, a decide to finish it. Soldered a battery connector on and set up the KK 2.0 board. So easy to do with the LCD screen.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Its blowing outside, so tried a little hover indoors. Something was not right. I couldn't get it off the ground?? It wanted to flip to the left and yaw hard CCW?? Very strange. Then i found out why. One of the motor shafts had come loose from the bell due to a stripped grub screw, so the motor was only spinning from friction.
Heres how i fixed the problem.
Drill a new hole in the opposite side of the bell housing, first with a pilot drill then the correct size just smaller than the grub screw thread.

attachment.php

attachment.php

If you have a tap and die set, re thread the new hole. I didn't have one, so took a screw of the same size as the grub, filed two flat sides to it to allow filings to clear the hole.

attachment.php

And the finished job, good as new.

attachment.php

So now its ready to fly on Sat when the wind and rain stop :)

100_2780.jpg100_2785.jpg100_2786.jpg100_2787.jpg100_2789.jpg100_2791.jpg100_2792.jpg

100_2780.jpg

100_2785.jpg

100_2786.jpg

100_2787.jpg

100_2789.jpg

100_2791.jpg

100_2792.jpg

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Good job lee. I need to get mine finished too lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Good job lee. I need to get mine finished too lol.

Tony

Staff member
Great looking bird Lee. Love how simple it is. And great job on fixing that motor. I may put that into an article on the main page to help others with stripped screws. :thumbsup:

Lee

I was thinking the same thing Tony. Any thing i can change before you do it?

Tony

Staff member
The only thing I can see that needs changed is we will cut out the top portion of the thread when made into an article so it only has to do with repairing a stripped grub screw.

Top Bottom