Prop Figured out how to add a tail wheel to my RCH Trainer

sarconastic

I was at the HobbyZOne in the city the other day trying to come up with an idea for a tail wheel for my Trainer, but couldn't find one that worked like I wanted. I love the new V3 mainframe but it changes the way you can mount a steerable tail wheel a lot. I finally found one that was sized right and I thought I might be able to use. It is the Parkzone PKZ4607 Corsair tail wheel. It is made for a curved bottom chassis and the trainer is flat but I thoughtI could figure it out. When I got it home and tried to mount it, I just couldn't find simple way to do it. I wanted the linkage inside the fuselage but i couldn't make it happen. What I finally did was cut the center column ou of the flat base and glue it to the plane. I also made a linkage rod to connect to the rudder.. It works great and Hopefully will hold up as well. If I have any trouble with it coming loose I may need to add a surface support to the side of the plane to help, but we will see. I did a short video of it on Youtube for anyone interested.

Thanks

Woody

Last edited by a moderator:

Derek

That's awesome, Woody! Well done! It looks like the new tail wheel will work very well.

sarconastic

I hope soe. my only real concern is ripping it off when I try to land the first couple times. I guess if I land on the nose it won't hurt it though LOL.

Woody

Top Bottom