Feedback On Forum Layout Change

Tony

Staff member
As I'm sure you guys have noticed, last night I did some cleaning up of the forums. Most all forum sections are still there, but they are within another forum. Now Paul and I don't really like subforums, but this was the best way to do this site. It's the same layout we have on our other forum as well, and it works.

For example, If you were looking for info for a helicopter battery and what to run, you would have had to search through the entire battery forum to find it. Now, the helicopters have their own battery section, as does planes, cars/trucks, and tri/quad copters. Same with servos, ESC's and the like. Gyros are only on the helicopters for now, but if you are running one on yoru plane or drift car, let me know if you would like a gyro section in those as well and I will add it. But you have to post a thread in it when I do.

So give me some feedback on what you think about the new forum layout. As I'm sure you guys know, I have been trying to come up with an idea for this for about 3 months or more, and I finally got it finished to where I could apply it to the forum. Don't worry, no posts were deleted that didn't need to be deleted. If you are missing a post and can't find it, just do a search for it and it will turn up. But as I said, everything is still in the same section, it's just the section may have moved.

Lets hear your opinions guys and gals!

RCD

Glencairn Drone
I noticed you changed the forum to 24hour time. I like it better that way. :D lol

Tony

Staff member
What about the overall layout? And yes I changed it to 24 hour time, it's just more simple that way. I also put it as "1 hour ago" or "3 hours ago" and so on. Looks better IMO.

Whirlybird

Actually, I think it is kind of nice to have the sections broken down like this. Might at that make it easier to find info :)

Top Bottom