600 Fbl conversion

Sion

Been pondering for a while if I should do this. I have an align 600n flybar helicopter, i can hover do simple manoeuvres and land/autorotation comfortably, however the things instability drives me nuts the constant stick corrections from a small gust of wind is ridiculous. I live in north wales uk on the coast up a mountain it’s blody windy up here . So ive been looking at flybarless conversion kits, ive come across the align kit with the 3gx unit. Now question is is it worth it? Will it make that heli more stable in the air so i can progress further with my flying? Will i need more things like a governor ect?
Thanks for any help guys! Would be lost without this forum

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Well hello Sion and :welcome1:to the forum. This is my :2c: on the 3gx. Save your money for a FBL unit like an Ikon, Sprit, beast and ect instead. As for switching from FB to FBL, is all up to you. FBL has less working parts VS the FB head. The Gov part will come with you ESC your using. Hobbywing make a nice ESC :).

Admiral

I'm with D.O.G. on this one, leave 3GX and get another Gyro, I tried to get them working properly for 12 months and just when you think you have it right it does something crazy and you rebuild another helicopter. My only tip is if you have multiple helicopters stick with the same brand on all of the rather than learn 2 or 3 different systems.

Smoggie

The Align conversion kit might still be worth considering if it's well priced and it comes with the new flybarless head and all the other parts needed for the conversion. I agree with the others though, the 3GX controller is very obsolete, there are FAR better units on the market today which will give you better results. The value of a 3GX today is maybe £25, so bear that in mind in the equation.

FBL controllers like the Spirit or Brain2 come with a governor built in.

Top Bottom