Projects FB Albatross Taxi Test #1

Derek

During this test, I never got the throttle above half stick...so there is still plenty more power to go. I'll get the landing gear fixed up and probably reinforced a bit more, then we'll try again.

Also....take this taxi test....then add a 20 foot long wing on top, lol

Lee

Just like a real albatrosses first attempt to take off. Very funny. Shes a monster for sure.

wolfman76

Hey Derek i am beginning to wonder if the tube landing great is stable enough i think even of you get it of the ground i am almost definite it will collapse when it lands it looked like it was to jiggly before it even moved... Might i recommend using possibly a piece of flat aluminum cut into landing gear using your same wheels it will give it a more stable mounting surface and it will not wiggle i hope this helps out i just hate to see your beat of a bird get destroyed on the maiden due to the landing gear folding either on takeoff or landing wish i was closer i got some flat sheet aluminum 1/8" thick that is very strong i could give you that would be perfect... Good luck buddy

Last edited:

Derek

Hey Kyle...it's funny you mention that. I'm uploading a video to youtube right now of todays taxi test and I made some mod's to the landing gear. I also noticed the wiggling. I've added some 3/4 x 3/4 aluminum angle that goes from the landing gear (near the wheels) up to the fuselage. Worked very well. Keep watching....I should have the video loaded to the site within the hour.

Top Bottom