Setups Fat Shark Camera

WyDiablo

Hey guys I"m trying to get this camera working and I'd like to know about the hook up wires. This camera came with my starter fpv package from rmrc and I think its a fat shark 420 line camera. I'd like to hook it to my ImmersionRc ezosd system. And from what I can figure out about the wires is this info starting with the (red) on the bottom side of the connector and going upward.
Red---------+5VDC
Black--------Gnd
Green-------Video
White-------Audio L
Black-------Audio R

So if I disconnect the 2 top wires (White & Black for audio) I could hook this camera straight into my ezosd and have video correct? Here's a picture of the camera and the connector and I"m sorry it's a little blurred.View attachment 13416

Lee

Why do you want to disconnect the audio?
As long as it is a 5V camera, you just plug it into the EZOSD Video in port, then you should have the cable that goes from the Video out port to your VTX.

Last edited:

WyDiablo

I don't really care about the audio and the black audio right wire has been pulled from the connector anyways. I was just wanting to make sure that the wire were in the correct order to make a good connection for video.

WyDiablo

I had a brain fart earlier and could not get myself wrapped around the plug connection for love or money. So I said carp just plug it into the osd and see what the heck happens lolol. And dingo I have nice color video and that little 420 TVL camera really has a very nice picture which I did not really expect.

Stambo

I had a brain fart earlier and could not get myself wrapped around the plug connection for love or money. So I said carp just plug it into the osd and see what the heck happens lolol. And dingo I have nice color video and that little 420 TVL camera really has a very nice picture which I did not really expect.

Do yourself a favour and get a 600 or 700 tvl Sony super had camera.
I got mine from surveilzone.
If you think that 420 tvl is you will be amazed at a good camera.
The biggest difference for me is not just picture quality but light handling.
You can fly almost straight into the sun and still see ok.
Me and a friend were flying the other evening and it was getting a little dark.
Did not realize just how dark until we took the goggles off.

WyDiablo

Well I had this camera laying around and I just wanted to make use of if for fpv. I might get a better camera later when money permits.

Tasajara

If you get a Sony board cam, I would go with the 2.1mm lens it give you a good wide view, or 2.8 mm for a little smaller field of view.. I have 2.1mm on 3 of my mini quads

Last edited:

Lee

I stripped an old gopro lens out of a hero wide. Works perfectly in my Sony board cam.

Tasajara

Yeah it does seem odd but the smaller the lens size the wider the view... I thought that at first to.. :)

Top Bottom