Spektrum Failure to launch!

trainrider06

Ok I reset my BeastX, went through and set it back up binding it to my DX8...Now it initializes or acts like it is
But doesn't....no throttle no spool up, servos all work fine....do I need to do the ol throttle full after first couple beeps and drop it back down??
Also on my DX6i that it was bound to, the throttle wouldn't come on line unless I switched on throttle hold then off. Never did know why it did that but that was how I always had to get it to fully initialise...yep already tried that with the DX8....
I have a Castle 75a esc by the way, also noticed that when the lights are flashing through sequence (the yellow ones) that the N light lingers for a few seconds on then goes off...if it did this before I never noticed it...

Did you figured out your problem? I am sure by now you figured it out but since there is no replies I give it a try. I don' know much about this but I will throw some ideas which might sound basic but you never know, it might turn your thinking lights on.

1- is the ESC plugged to the Throttle port in the receiver
2- are all the motor wires connected
3- is it in Hold mode
4 - is the throttle curve all 0
5- looking in the Beastx manual on section 5.2.1, is the correct channel (CH5) in the TX assigned to Throttle
6- looking in the Beastx manual check the failsafe programming section 5.3 Programming the Failsafe (receiver menu point N)
7- reading the Beastx manual section 6 states " For about 10 seconds you can see one of the LEDs A - N light according to the current amount of tail gain." so light N could be the amount of gain programmed you are seeing during the first 10 sec.
8 - Some ESC enter in a safe mode if not power properly i.e. with throttle at certain level, check your throttle curve to make sure stick down does not mean 70% or some number above the threshold value

well if you have not figure it out by now hope this turn your thinking lights ON.

Juan

trainrider06

Did you figured out your problem? I am sure by now you figured it out but since there is no replies I give it a try. I don' know much about this but I will throw some ideas which might sound basic but you never know, it might turn your thinking lights on.

1- is the ESC plugged to the Throttle port in the receiver
2- are all the motor wires connected
3- is it in Hold mode
4 - is the throttle curve all 0
5- looking in the Beastx manual on section 5.2.1, is the correct channel (CH5) in the TX assigned to Throttle
6- looking in the Beastx manual check the failsafe programming section 5.3 Programming the Failsafe (receiver menu point N)
7- reading the Beastx manual section 6 states " For about 10 seconds you can see one of the LEDs A - N light according to the current amount of tail gain." so light N could be the amount of gain programmed you are seeing during the first 10 sec.
8 - Some ESC enter in a safe mode if not power properly i.e. with throttle at certain level, check your throttle curve to make sure stick down does not mean 70% or some number above the threshold value

well if you have not figure it out by now hope this turn your thinking lights ON.

Juan

Hi Juan, no I haven't figured it out....well I kinda did, but have another issue with the ESC is blinking yellow now....the heli spools up nice everything initializes good....except that dang blinking yellow lite on my Castle phoenix 75....been searching all day for whats up with it....on the Castle site it says its data logging....and to take care of that I am to power up radio put it full throttle power up the ESC and wait 6 seconds, hear 1 beep, wait and then hear 5 beeps...lower throttle and it should reset.....but it ain't.....I am about to yank it out and get another one!
i shoulda just left well enough alone and continued to use my DX6i instead of Binding it to the DX8.....:(

I was reading the manual the blinking LED just mean the ESC is recording data and what you described was to reset the data logger memory not to disable it. Once you reset it it will go back and start recording again, blinking LED. Do you have the pc software there might be a way to disable it there because I don't see that option using the TX. The manual states that there are many more settings via the software.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way the yellow LED will go solid once the memory is full.

trainrider06

Hmm, you know Juan, thinking about it, I believe I may have set something different on the computer, than the last time in this thing! :wink: I'll let you know. Your wife must love you seeing as how your
very good at reading instructions....:wink:
I believe you just hit on something and made a click in my rusty gear cogs in my brain! :)

trainrider06

Ok Juan, thank you for jiggling my brain.....when I redid the esc and programmed it I selected data logging....:wink:
I disabled it and now its solid yellow...and by instructions says data loggng is full, I don't know why it shows this because I went on the program and downloaded the data and cleared it.....but I don't think it's gonna affect flight of the heli....I hope LOL

Glad you figured it out. I don't see how data logging will affect flying but if it is disabled I would expect lights off but maybe solid ON means disabled. Does the software gives more explanation on the LEDs? Well she loves me or at least that is what she says :facepalm: wait, good, she is not behind me. I don't usually read instruction when it comes to put things together or taking it apart but when it comes to programming electronic things I have no choice.

trainrider06

I've found different things about what lite does what with these esc's, it depends on which ESC one has from Castle...Castle ICE Castle Phoenix ICE, Castle Tallon...the list goes on....I don't ever remember what color it was to tell ya the truth...I think green, but saw nothing about green...Anyway, took it up for a hover, she did just fine....:)
Yeah I can tear just about anything apart put it back together, but when it comes to electric type things I have to be very careful LOL

Electrical can be a tricky thing, I burned all my servos this passed weekend. Was checking my motor, which I took out but had it plugged in to the ESC and overlooked one minor detail the blades attached to the foam and to the tail boom. Needless to say when I was giving full throttle the servos were trying to give full pitch with the blades secured to the tail boom they could not move demanding full current, next thing I know I was smelling electronic components and smoke coming out of the servos. And I just finished replacing all the gears the day before :banghead: Oh, well one for the book of knowledge.

trainrider06

Hehe....yeah I have almost powered one up with blades in the blade holder before....one things for sure....we gotta pay attention to what we are doing!
Changing over this 500 to the DX8 (had it on my DX6i) the reason I went ahead but was loath to do it was because that heli was smooth and sweet, didn't want to change radio's because the DX8 was a little more complicated to me....
But because I wasn't paying attention and just grabbed it off the wall and slapped a pack in it I neglected to see the screw on my link to servo arm had backed out.....was just taking it up to try some different pitch throttle settings and then land it....
Well I landed alright....as soon as that screw got the rest of the way out of the servo arm....it made a loud blade fart and headed straight down tail first..Luckily I had most of the parts to fix it, but I still spent a hundred getting the tail assembly, and front TT gear and bearings.....:(

I have been thinking about moving to a 550L but every time a see the price for parts I convince myself that I still have a lot to learn in my 450pro and soon when it arrive the 450L. One thing I need to do also is make a habit of checking to see if all servos are working prior to take off, I usually connect the battery and walk away. Not a good habit because if one servo fails it will not be a graceful take off.

trainrider06

I am probably going to stay 500 size myself, the difference between a 450 and 500 in size is double! As well the cost of everything! The difference in 500 to 550 is huge also....as well the cost goes up even more! LOL
I enjoy all my helis, even my little V120D02s, that thing is perfect for those days I can't get to the club and fly!
What I did in order to afford 2 500's was plan....waaaaay ahead. I picked a particular brand and type 500, set my line on it, and began buying parts for that particular heli...used parts good used parts...I'd catch a deal on a whole frame and tail and buy it. Find where someone was selling a lot of parts fairly cheap. Then before I knew it I had amassed my heli's in parts LOL
And really didn't pay that much for them....plus I have spares also now!
I'd like to maybe get a 450 size Gaui at some point also.

Yeah I always check tail swash movements before taking off, but that screw I usually give my helis a good looking over either the night before I plan to fly or that evening when I am done.....I did catch a link on my DFC a while back that was backing out, and a few other things with my other helis, but that particular day I failed to check the heli over because I was in a hurry....

Top Bottom