Facebook Users, Read This.

Tony

Staff member
This thread goes along with the other forum issue thread. Something with the Facebook API was messing with the forum software causing it to mess up in different areas. I have traced it down to about 15 different locations and will be doing more testing this week to reduce that number down to one. Once I find that one place that was causing all of the issues and find a solution, then all facebook plugins will start working once again.

From what I have heard from other members, people can't even log in with their facebook information if they first signed up with facebook. This is a huge issue for me and I'm going to do everything I can to correct it and get everythign working again.

Thanks for your patience.

Tony

Staff member
I have turned everything back on with facebook and changed how the forum and server communicate. So far so good on my end, but the testing has just started. If you used to log in with facebook, please do so now and tell me what happens, bad or good. Also, if you see the blue facebook logo to the left of your name on teh very top of the forum, click on it and it should change to your facebook profile picture. Again, post up and let me know what happens.

Tony

Staff member
well, this didn't work out the way I had planned. No matter what I did, if I left anything active on the API, it messed with something. Not as bad, but I still had members that couldn't log into the forum. I also had members that couldn't register. So, the facebook API is gone indefinitely as of right now. I will try to find a solution soon. Might have to wait until we update the forum to the new software in 6 months or so.

Tony

Staff member
Nope, that is all part of it. However, if I turn facebook off on the forum (not just the api), then the sidebar doesn't work. Since the sidebar is still working correctly, I kept the facebook features enabled, but disabled the API. It's confusing and hard to explain, but just know that the side bar facebook platform is the only thing that is working right now.

Tony

Staff member
An update to this, I have found out what was causing the "code=" issue was with teh URL. I'm now doing more testing and everything for the facebook platform on the forum should be working. If you find something not working, let me know asap. As of right now, everything I have tested is working.

Tony

Staff member
Testing "Publish To Facebook" below the reply box.

Edit: Worked in Chrome! w00t!

Tony

Staff member
I'm guessing with the lack of replies that everything is working the way it should. I will leave this thread up just in case something happens, you can report it here.

Tony

Staff member
Nice. Man this was a nightmare to find that one button that was causing all of the issues. lol.

Top Bottom