Quad F36s FPV Quad F3 Setup Live Stream

Tony

Staff member
If you guys want to watch the live stream of the F36s getting the board programmed, I'm going to start it here soon. I suspect that not many people are playing with indoor quads this time of year, but GearBest decided to send it to me so I'm going to make the video.

I will be posting another thread on this quad and in that thread, I will include the dump file before I bind it up to the quad. This way there is a completely factory file for everyone to revert back to.

If you have any questions, all you have to do is ask.

Live stream will be at the URL below. Once it starts, I will try to remember to post the embedded video here. IF... I remember lol.

Simulator Sunday With Geena Tucker & Rc-Help - YouTube

Tony

Staff member
I hate quads more now than I ever have. Especially these cheap chinese junk quads. This one is going on a shelf to remind me to NEVER agree to another one of these things. Our new member, Kevin, helped so much on this quad and I thank you for that Kevin! Most of them you need to hold the Tx very close, on this one, AT LEAST 5 feet away! The motors are 52k rpm and even with my batteries that I use in these (which by the way this kit doesn't come with batteries) it would just barely lift off the ground and could not sustain flight. Could I have gotten a crap one, yup. The box looked like a 600lb guy sat on it, the frame is tweeked but was still good enough to put together.

I apologize to everyone on the live stream. With Cleanflight changing their version from 1.x to 2.x and offering NO backwards compatibility, I had to find and install an older version. Pretty much, unless you install this older version, you are completely boned with anything you have now that is on 1.13 which ALL of these chinese quads are on.

As for the dump file, if you want it, it is linked below. This is a completely stock dump file even before I bound it up. So if you want it, here it is.

As for me, I'm done with this quad. I'm not even going to try flying FPV because you have to hold the thing full throttle just to hover. There is no way this POS is going to sustain forward flight let alone do what you can do with the F3 flight controller. Again, I could have gotten a bad one, but I do NOT suggest anyone get this quad. You will be disappointed.

Attachments

• Stock F36s Dump Cleanflight 1.13.0.txt
    7.9 KB · Views: 2

Tony

Staff member
VERIFIED!!! This quad is a POS!

I just pulled a fresh battery off the charger, verified 4.2 volts and went for a flight. You need at least 90% throttle just to maintain a hover and 100% flight to even creep forward. Anything more than a couple degrees of pitch, and it falls like a rock because it can not produce enough thrust to stay in the air.

With that said though, I was able to do a little flying around walls and such and the signal quality of the camera/VTX was surprisingly good. It's just too bad that the quad it is sitting on is a huge pile of dung...

Top Bottom