Prop F22 Finished and ready to fly

zapster

Well here it is in all its glory.Did a couple mods on it as you can see KF 2 and dual air inlet scoops to hopefully keep the ESC
cool.I cranked the motor up and in like 15-20 seconds the ESC got pretty warm/hot just sitting still though,Should i just put
the ESC on the outside to be safe ? let me know what you guys think.Since i ruptured a disc and had back surgery nine days
ago this has been about all i,ve done.So not exactly sure when the maiden will be but i will video it so you can see just
how i do trying to fly something quick. hope to have video worthy of a good razzing. HA HA HA HA HA !!!
F22 Finished.jpg

F22 Finished.jpg

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
looks very very good man! i am excited to how its gonna turn out, cause I would definately build something similar.. I built this in foam.. but that was not a good idea... lol... now this one looks better...

also.. the esc would be better sitting out IMO.... its probably heavier than the foam one, so would think that you probably pull a lot of amps from it..

is this all ply and epoxy? what epoxy do you prefer? 15min???? 30 min? just a question.. :)

OK EDITING THIS!!! I FEEL STUPID.... I THOUGHT THIS WAS ALL A WOOD PROJECT.. CAUSE IT SEEMED LIKE SO ON THE PICS ON MY PHONE... the color looked like ply.. anywaz.. i think its all foam... .... ughh...!! lmao.. anywaz... hope you have fun.. :)

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Moved to the correct section.

Put the ESC behind the motor, or in one of the air ducts. If it doesn't get good air flow, it will die.

If you remember, I had my ESC's inside the fuse on mine as well, and they are both toast now. both released their magic smoke. although one still works, I won't trust it in an aircraft. I think I actually tossed that one in the trash as well. these things need airflow. and if you have the option to give it great airflow over good airflow, you should do it. This is not a scale plane, and I can assure you that you will crash it. So, put it where you know it will not only be protected from a crash, but also within the airflow. Mine were in the intake ducts, then I put it behind the motors so that the motors were forcing air onto them.

but, I had EDF's with an enclosed housing, and I still had to extend my wires. You may not have this option, in fact, I know you don't. Put the esc on the right side in the intake. use it to help with the CoG. Put your battery in the plane where you want it, then move the ESC where you want it. In all reality, you want all of the weight directly over the CoG. If you can't do this, then get it as close as you can. having the weight close to the CoG will allow more control, and more response. Not to mention more fun :biggrin1:

zapster

Yeah i kind of had a feeling i better get the ESC outside in some serious air flow if that will even save it.It heats up fast and i will prob
get a 30 or 40 amp ESC. thanks for keeping me smart.Although i have been know for enjoying blowing things up!Witch i havent blown anything
up thats RC related yet so maybe this ESC will be the firs thing.

Top Bottom