Projects EyeStation's RCH Trainer V3.1

EyeStation

Rainy days the past two, so I decided to print up and start the RC-Help Trainer V3.1.
I have shot a bit of video on the dry assembly.
[video=youtube_share;cljFhVyfzD4]http://youtu.be/cljFhVyfzD4[/video]

I pulled out the V2 to use for size comparisons in the video, but forgot to pick it up to show you. I must still be mad at it for poking me with its servo control rods.
Fuse Comparison.jpg
Wing Comparison.jpg

I really like the way this fuse closes up so neatly.

Fuse Comparison.jpg

Wing Comparison.jpg

Derek

Some great pictures and thanks for sharing your thoughts in the video. It looks like you've done well with your build. It's looking good! Keep up the good work!!

Tony

Staff member
That plane looks really good. Love the white and yellow theme. One thing thought, it's a kfm3, not kfm4. kfm4 is symmetrical on the top and bottom. This wing is made for max lift. Thus providing the most stability. Or that is the hopes.

Also, on the wing, you removed the foam instead of just the paper. This is not a big deal, but may cause the curve on the leading edge to not be as round as it could be. As stated, this is not a big deal.

On the seam, I left it there since when I build the fuse, I use that part of the fuse to glue to the under side of the wing to hold the wing to the fuse and keep it centered.

Upon looking at your plane (I have put the fuse together, just have not flown it), I think I need to make the fuse shorter top to bottom. I'm thinking it's just a bit too tall. However, it would cut the space for a motor down and I may have to get rid of the windshield. Maybe I will do a "stick" version of this lmao.

I can't wait to see this plane in the air. On the V3.1 design, I added a little bit of up elevator (2º to be exact) to help with landing this plane. One issue that the V1 and V2 had was you had to come in with more air speed than I liked. I'm hoping by adding up elevator, it will be able to land slower. I really wish I had more time in my day so that I can build this plane, or at least complete it lol. Maybe I will take tomorrow and finish this one.

Make sure to video the maiden. Thanks for your video. I'm glad you are liking it. If there are any improvements that you think this plane should have, let me know and I will try to get them in the plans.

Top Bottom