Projects Eye's RCH Edge 540 V3

EyeStation

Tis the season for building. Along with the Wasp 280 Kit I have coming, I am also going to try the Rc-Help Edge 540 once again.
I found a good sized sheet of Yellow foam that was being used for making shadow boards for tool trays.
the foam is about 6.5 mm thick. I am going to use one piece of Black dollar tree foam board as the leading edge of the wing.
I know I will have to spar this thing up more than the all foam board version. I am figuring a CFiber or FGlass strip embedded into the vertical and lower horizontal profile. And the usual wing and elevator spars. Not sure if I will have to put any cross braces of CF rod between the vertical and horizontal of the tail. Does not feel much heavier than the all Foam Board version, though there is no glue on this yet.
And that brings me to my question, What glue would you use for this type of foam?
Here's the dry fit.

image 1.jpgimage 2.jpgimage 3.jpgimage 4.jpgimage 5.jpgimage 6.jpg

image 1.jpg

image 2.jpg

image 3.jpg

image 4.jpg

image 5.jpg

image 6.jpg

Tony

Staff member
Dude, that thing looks great!

As for what glue, test a piece with hot glue and see if it holds. If so, there you go. If not, You ARE Going To Have To Get Some FoamsSafe CA or even some epoxy of the foam can handle the heat it generates.

Can't wait to see this thing in the air. I have everything (I think lol) ready to finish the 540 series. Just need the time to get it done.

again, that thing looks great!

EyeStation

Thanks Tony. From what I have seen with a couple other builds, adding a CF flat into the foam can stiffen these up without any doubler added to the profile.
I have a sheet 3x2 Ft of double layer bare circuit board I can cut some strips from. Trying to keep it a true profile, without doublers.

Blade_flyer

I love the yellow foam! I bought the foam board to build one of these last week. I may get the chance to start on it this weekend. They are forecasting 4-6 inches of snow to start tomorrow. I had planned to go to a RC swap meet Saturday morning, but not sure if it will get cancelled. I have white for the fuselage and wings, and will do the leading edge in black. Can't wait to fly it and it's not even built yet.

Bud

Top Bottom