450 Extra screws??????

SrRichard83

Hi.
I got bored last night and decided to put my 450SE V2 together.
Well everything went smother than i thought since it was my first heli build. :pride:
Exept for this chinese screws that strip all the time -_-
Well the build is almost 100% finished(no electronics on there yet) just have to loctite some of the screws.
Well now to my question to you guys that buildt helis before. :)
I have got some bags with screws left and i am wondering where it should go :)
I think i know some of them but very far from all :)
Here it is :) The 2 loose small screws (M2x10mm long with head) were mounted where the flybar should be put in (only for shipping????) Will save them anyway bcs i think it fit the tailblade holders ;)
Please help me where they all should go :)

DSC09252.jpg Is this extra screws only???
DSC09253.jpg This i think is for the servo arms?
DSC09255.jpg This is plastic nuts for the servos and screws but what about the black ones?? tailservo??

DSC09256.jpg this was mounted where flybar should be mounted

DSC09252.jpg

DSC09253.jpg

DSC09255.jpg

DSC09256.jpg

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
There should be some motor screws in there, the second pic is all the hardware for the servos and links, third is to mount the servos and last pic is only for shipping to hold the head together with the flybar out.

Looks like you are on a good roll. There will be extra screws. They are tiny and people do lose them, so they provide extra. Hope this helps.

SrRichard83

Thx :) Found the motor screws and i am glad i didnt forget to mount a whole bag of screws hehe
Almost felt like when i was 15 and worked on my moped XD - ohhh.... some leftover screws??? well they are not needed XD .
But nowadays i save every little screw end dont end up with that many leftover screws hehe

I will also need some help to choose motor and ESC, i have 2 different motors and 2 different ESC i can use on the heli.
I will take some pictures and give you some info about them little later when i get the time :)

SrRichard83

Here is pictures and tech spec about the motors and ESC.
I can combine anyway so please help me shoose a good setup as you would have been going for :)
I both have 11,12 and 13 teath gears for the motors.
Also if you spot anything different in the final setup (see in bottom of my post) you would have changed
and improven.
Exept for the 35mhz radio that i know is really old hehe :)

Emax 2215-450.jpg This i dont know the kv on but it is from 3700-3850kv actually found some different kv ratings on them when i looked it up
Brand: Emax
Kv: 3700
Max Ampere: 40A
Max Volt: 14.8 (4SLipo). 3-4 cell Lipo är lämpligt.
length: 34,4 mm utan axel.
total size: 48,9 x 28,5 mm
weight: 62 g
shaft: 3.17 mm

Titan 40A ESC.jpg You will see tech spec in picture
Titan 40A ESC

titan motor + ESC.jpg This come as a set for Titan 450SE V2 heli. 3500kv motor with 30A ESC

TITAN 30A ESC spec.jpg Titan 30A ESC SPEC

Titan 450 motor 3500Kv.jpg TITAN 450 3500kv Motor SPEC

With this setup i will use:
Battery: 3S 2200Mah 45C 3S 2200mah 30C
swash servos: TowerPro MG90S (only have 2 at the moment) or HXT900 (this i have 3+) OR Also i could use esky digital standard 8g servos but dont have good experience from esky servos...
Tail servo: Titan DS9257 (Futaba copy)
Gyro: HK401b
Tx: Esky 6ch 35mhz (for now, will upgrade to 2,4ghz soon i hope :) )
Rx: Sunupp 6ch 35mhz PPM

Thats it for now and i hope anyone would know what a good setup would bee :)

Emax 2215-450.jpg

Titan 40A ESC.jpg

titan motor + ESC.jpg

TITAN 30A ESC spec.jpg

Titan 450 motor 3500Kv.jpg

Tony

Staff member
I would start with a 12t pinion and the Titan motor and ESC. The other motor is a little high on kv but could be used with your smallest pinion and a throttle curve that does not exceed 85%. I know the mg90s servos will work great on the cyclic, and is what I ran on everything I had. The hk401b gyro IMO is crap. I had two of them, and both went into the trash even after I modded them. They just would never hold. If the tail servo you are wanting to run is a digital, then get you an Assan GA-250 gyro. Again, that is the gyro I ran on everything and loved it. If it's not a digital servo, then get one lol. It's well worth it.

The issue here is your location. I'm not quite sure on where you order from, or who can ship there at a good price. But you are on the right track and should be in the air soon.

SrRichard83

Hi Tony and thx :)
you meen i should use the 30A ESC that came with the motor or should i use 40A??
And i will aim for the assan gyro then ;)
What to look for when choosing a gyro?? There are several like titan 750gyro and ga126, Ga250, 401b, ga 520 kds800 and so on, and i have no idea what the difference is between them.

Some times i order my parts from hobby king and sometimes other like helibuy and heliguy.
But most of the parts i get from ebay :)

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
The main difference in the HK401B and the GA-250 is the 401 is a piezoelectric gyro and the GA-250 is a MEMS gyro. To cut the book down to a sentence, MEMS is far better than the piezoelectric gyros. But you normally have to run them with digital servos. They will trash an analog servo.

And if you already have it, use the 40a esc. It won't hurt anything and will actually provide a cushion of protection. Hope this helps.

Oh, I think I have heard about the Titan 750. That is a Lee question there. He has some really good gyros that are a lot cheaper than Align's.

SrRichard83

well i found one unnamed GA250 MEMS gyro on hobbyking for 10$ + shipping 3$
And the ASSAN GA250 For ~25$ including shipping on ebay
You know any place else i could buy it cheaper?
And i hope Lee reads this post then :) or i maybee have to contact him instead about the other gyros :)

Cant wait to get airborne :)

murankar

Staff member
yah, thats the $10 version everyone has been talking about. meanwhile assan upped their price and they do not list it on their site. just checked again and still not there. Also it has been rebranded since before december 2011. I was woundering if all they do is rebrand and offer cheaper prices. the only thing original is the mi servos which I might try after I get home. Let it get some feed back and then hopefully get improved.

Tony

Staff member
In this picture you can see the gyro in question. It's mounted on a 600 size helicopter and worked great. This is the same gyro that I linked above.

HK600GT006.jpg

Tony

Staff member
Here is an upclose shot of the gyro. You can use this to compare to the other one on HK's site.

EXI 450 Pro Shaft Version TT 025.jpg

EXI 450 Pro Shaft Version TT 025.jpg

SrRichard83

Hehe well nice i think i´ll buy 1 or 2 then :) 13$ is almost nothing for a pretty ok gyro i think. :)
Well awesome news for me :)
Hk is pretty good :) have never had any problems with them yet :).

Tony

Staff member
Just don't use the HK brand ESC's. I have had the 80-90a that just sucked and the 190-200a that blew up as soon as I hit the throttle on my 600 because the heatsink shorted out all of the motor wires. Other than that, and the plastic arms on the 500 head, I have had no issues with them.

Top Bottom