ESC external control od an ESC?

SIXFOOTER

Can I use a servo tester to control an ESC?
Setup is for a test bench, want to use an ESC connected up to a wattmeter and a motor and run the motor without using a Tx and Rx
I have a Turnagy CCPM Servo consistancy master, several ESC's and motors to play with.
I have a Turnagy Mega Meter that will supposedly do this, but the instructions that came with it are something less than informative.
Got the thing powered through, but no idea where to plug in the ESC control wire.

Thanks
Danny

murankar

Staff member
Just remember to keep a load on the motor while testing.

Not sure about the esc and servo testor.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

SIXFOOTER

Thanks for the input, That was kind of the point to test with a load, didn't seem to make much sense to test without it other than just to determine that the ESC and motor both function.
This multi tester supposedly does this, but I can't seem to get it to work for either a servo or ect tester.
Irritating

Stambo

I use a Turnigy servo tester when I balance motor/prop combinations.

Is the esc you are testing an opto?
If so you need to supply power to the servo tester.

Give us a link to your servo tester and maybe we can help.

And some nice clear pictures of the ESC would help too. :)

Lee

Yes it can be done. My LHS uses this technique to test motors and ESCs before they sell them.
Not sure on how they have it set up though.

SIXFOOTER

So, 2 problems: I was using an opto ESC and the mega tester does not work, at least the servo/ESC output doesn't. The other functions seem to work

Stambo

Post a link to your tester. There will be a way to power it up so you can test the opto ESCs.

Stambo

Ok I found this.
Have you tried a servo?
It looks like you have to have a battery plugged in the balance port.
And for an ESC don't use auto, use manual, make sure the dial is right down low before you start.

Tester.JPG

Tester.JPG

Top Bottom