450 EXI Helies What happend to them?

mousie

Does anybody no why Xhei quit carrying the EXI model helicopters? I have built two of them and are very nice units. I would like to find another but do not know where to get them. Anyone know where to buy them?

Tony

Staff member
Unfortunately, EXI is no more. Not sure what happened to them, but from what I have heard, they are out of business. There are other clones that you can get though like the Chaos, Tarot, and HK brand heli's. I however, would HIGHLY suggest you get a genuine Align helicopter.

mousie

Nothing against align but the price. I built two EXIs and have flown them for over two years with hundreds of successful flights. Its all how your heli is setup.I can build a clone for under 200 bucks with some nice up grades. Even a 450 align set up poorly will fly like crap. I have heard of tarot and chaos but have never seen them fly.HK no thank you. Who makes the best clone in your opinion.

Tony

Staff member
I know what you are saying, but once you build and fly an Align helicopter, you will understand. I'm selling (or may be trashing) my two clones and i will never own another clone again.

And Tarot and Chaos are about the same quality. Same as EXI and HK. They are just clones.

murankar

Staff member
If you are looking at clones and want the "best" clone, then tarot or chaos. Lee has owned a chaos but it wad a 600 size I think.

As for EXI who knows what happened. All I know is when EXI was done the aligns took over. Xheli was the only company selling them.

I have an EXI pro sitting in pieces in a drawer. At this point it's about to be.in the bin. I crashed it and when I went to get parts they were out of stock. I waited and waited for parts and they were never restocked so now I own an msh.

If you can front the cash you can get a good deal on eBay or else were for a true align. It will be a night and day difference.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

BAdair

I have a EXI v1 heli that was given to me, and it flies ok... (in the closet now don't fly it) I can definitely tell a difference in the Align, everything is so much smoother and it flies better.
My v2 is all Align, except servo's and gyro which are HK and it still flies smoother, and more responsive than my EXI (to me that is).
I have a HK pro with Align DFC head, (frame is the only HK part) everything else is align including tail boom/tt and bearings.
This one I built from piecing parts together from HK, ebay, and the align store, just finding deals here and there.
I will say after the trouble I had with HK bearings and clone parts, I am Align from here on out.

- - - Updated - - -

I will say what few Tarot parts I have used have seemed like better quality and so far I am happy with them.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Tarot and chaos are a gas greater quality than HK and exi

No .. Not as good as align

But much much better than exi. You will really appreciate thei machining and durability

But like tony said.. Nothing like align original... Price isn't as bad when you look at quality.. But to each his own.. So yeah.. Try tarot. I can definitely attest for that..

Tony

Staff member
Here is one thing that I forgot to mention. The price in the Align kits, is in the electronics. If you look at a super combo and actually price everything out, you are getting the helicopter kit for free pretty much. Great electronics and a great kit, but as I always say, you have to pay to play. Safely that is lol.

Lee

I wouldnt put Chaos in with other clones. Cliff at RC Aerodyne sourced the parts himself by going to China. It is actually and upgrade of the Align 600.
It has thicker frames. The frame has wider components than Align to allow the use of Scorpion high power motors that don't fit in the Align 600.
The head is the same as the renowned Compass/Trax head.
Tarot is actually made in the same factory as Align. You can think of it like the unpolished version of Align.

Lee

Originally, that was the plan Matthias. But some people had other ideas and started throwing down some smack 3D :D

Top Bottom