450 EXI 450 Pro TT FBL Head Install

Tony

Staff member
This could not have been more of a headache! Because of all of the problems with the links being too short, the wrong swash driver for the Pro edition, and everything else that is wrong, I will not be flying this helicopter anytime soon. It's going back up on the wall for a long time.

If you want to buy it, let me know. I will sell it like it is, and include everything to put the FB back on. Let me know if you are interested, and I will work out a price. I won't lose money on this, so you can get a pretty good idea of what I'm going to sell it for just with a simple search.

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rYRPJIU-tvI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Paulster2

I am El Taco!
I think you did a great job of jury rigging it together! Should fly like a pro! Hehehe ... Sorry it was such a headache.

RCD

Glencairn Drone
So flybarless was the surprise? Dont you need a 3axis gyro for that? Why are you selling it though?

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I don't like this set up at all. Bearings are junk! I would not attempt flying it without somehow freeing up the bearings somehow. Are they greased?

Lee

So Tony as your not going to fly it, you can use the flybarless unit and make a SICK quad copter

Tony

Staff member
I think you did a great job of jury rigging it together! Should fly like a pro! Hehehe ... Sorry it was such a headache.

Not even close.

So flybarless was the surprise? Dont you need a 3axis gyro for that? Why are you selling it though?

I have a 3 axis gyro. But, it's not going on. and I'm selling it because here at the house, if it could go wrong, it has went wrong and I need the money. Everything is for sale.

I don't like this set up at all. Bearings are junk! I would not attempt flying it without somehow freeing up the bearings somehow. Are they greased?

they have oil in them, but they are just gritty. I'm sure that it's because of just how tight they fit into the housings though. But either way, this heli is not going to see the air without a flybar. I will be putting it back on later tonight or tomorrow.

So Tony as your not going to fly it, you can use the flybarless unit and make a SICK quad copter

Can't control a quad with a 3 axis gyro. I can control a tri copter though.

Lee

The unit you have is what is used in the Gaui x330 quad. All the KK boards an HK boards are 3 axis gyros. pitch roll and yaw, Quads or Tri's
Sounds like you had a crap day all round. Keep smiling. :)

Tony

Staff member
Man, I don't want this to end here with this helicopter. One problem that I have to take care of is how to set the blade pitch. Without a flybar, it's a little hard to do. I may try to put the old flybar through the old flybar slot in the head, and secure it to the top so that it's level. If that works, I can try to adjust the links and get the pitch set correctly. I'm just not sure that there is enough thread on the links to do this. When I spool it up, it just doesn't feel right. I'm sure it's because of the lack of a flybar.

I'm not even sure the gyro is any good. I guess there is only one way to find out lol.

If I can get everything fixed around here adn get a little more cash in my bank account, I will purchase the actual flybarless kit for the pro. Then, I will know it will work. But, that is $300 or more. So it will be a while.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
i know u are gonne cringe at this.. but give the iphone apps a shot... they help in doing pitch without flybar.... and sucks that the fbl didnt work..

To get the Pitch sorted on a Flybarless set-up just tape a Flybar Rod to the Rotor Button, this will give you a level to go by just like using ing Fly bared set-up when using pitch gauge

Tony

Staff member
Taping the flybar to the button wont' work on this one, the button came bent from the factory. Adn the top of the head block is round. IDK, I think Im trying to throw a pig into the air and not a bird.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Tony. I have a laser pitch gauge from Ron Lund. That will work for setting pitch and just about every other settings too. Check them out. There are a couple of videos on u tube on them. I'm sure you could figure out a way to place just about any laser up and do the same thing. You can download the charts off rons web sight for free.

Tony

Staff member
That would require spending more money, and I'm trying not to. If I do, then I'm going to order all of the FBL parts from Align for this head. it comes with the head block, grips, pitch rod, links, swash driver, and the radius arms that actually are made for this heli. But, it's about a bill worth of parts. That part of it sucks, and I'm not even sure if the gyro is any good. I may try to get the FB installed so that I can try it out. But, in order to do a FBL head correctly, you need to have your swash perfectly level. And I don't have a swash leveler.

Tony

Staff member
Lol, well your going to have to come down here then, the wife won't let me move anywhere lmao.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
still telling you try the iphone apps. they work good enough that they'll get you in the air.. :) I belive it!! :) lol .. no extra money spending!!

Top Bottom