250 Exceed G2 setup

callsign4223

Staff member
I am trying to setup an Exceed G2 on a spektrum receiver so I can bind it up to my dx8. I can't get the heli to do anything after I bind up the receiver. After I first plug in the battery the servos will center, and the light on the gyro comes on solid, but no control at all. If I manually move the servos with the battery disconnected to their limit, they come back to center every time, so I believe the servos are getting good power.

To give a better idea of the heli condition, I obtained this heli used for free, and I have never flown it. I was under the impression that it was in operating order, but no promises were made. When I tried to power it up with the exceed tx and rx it exhibited the same behavior, servos centered but no control.

Any ideas on what would make it do this with 2 different RX/TX combos?

Also, the servos should at least move if I have the wrong swash type correct? The reason for that question is that this heli has a very odd swash setup. The elev and ail servos connect to the swash(Black Circle), but the pitch servo is at the bottom of the frame(Red Circle) connected to a rod that goes into the hollow main shaft(like a coax main shaft)and operates the pitch of the swash from inside.

Exceed.jpg

Exceed.jpg

Tony

Staff member
I wish I could help but I have put a block on that thing in my brain lmao. Are you trying to use a DSM2 or DSMX Rx with your DX8? If not, there's your problem. If so, there should be at least something moving.

Lee

I have set up this heli with a DX6I before and had no issues. Its been a while but i think the swash is 90º not 120º. Put up a video or more detailed picture Matt so i can see it better. The one i set up was for a friend in South Africa, so it was two years ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok i just looked at the website selling these. Its def a 90º swash. And the servos are in different positions to whats considered normal. The Pitch servo is the one on its own. and the two up front are the Elev and Aile.
Let me know how you go.

Westy

LEGEND
Try testing each servo to prove they are fine ..... then move onto more complex issues from there. is it a flybarless setup? if so then I think you have single servo 90 set up. Cheers Westy

Westy

LEGEND
Just looking at the setup guide I managed to Troll for....
I am guessing you have the correct dip switch settings on the Tx?
Switches on: 2, 4, 6, 9 and the rest set to off

I also found this .... Am sure you did all this though right?

The helicopter and remote can be turned on to test and adjust these functions, it is necessary to unplug the motor in order to adjust these, since you’ll be moving the throttle. It is not advised to test the throttle curve adjustment while the motor is plugged in.
Turning switch 10 on will activate V2 and V1 dials, they now adjust the pitch range and pitch curve, respectively. By using a pitch gauge, the pitch range(V2) can be adjusted to the desired range for stunt mode(switch remote to stunt mode). Don’t worry about normal mode, it will be correctly adjusted if the stunt mode is correct. Pitch curve(V1) is only applied to normal mode operation, you’ll have to switch the remote to normal mode to see how this affects pitch response. I would use a linear curve, set V1 to 12 o’clock.
Turn off switch 10 in order to save V2 and V1 positions.
Turning switch 11 on will activate V2 and V1 dials, they now adjust the cyclic curve and throttle curve, respectively.
The cyclic curve(V2) only affects normal mode operation of the cyclic stick, again, adjust the dial and move the stick
to see the response, a linear response is the best for a start; switch to stunt mode and try to achieve the same
response when in normal mode, by adjusting V2. The throttle curve(V1) affects both normal and stunt mode,
I use the full power setting, which is fully clockwise. This leads to a fast headspeed, which allows for more control.
Turn off switch 11 in order to save V2 and V1 positions.
Turning switch 12 on will activate V2 and V1 dials, they now adjust gyro sensitivity and rudder mixing, respectively.
The gyro sensitivity should be at maximum, fully clockwise, this may cause wagging of the tail; this can be adjusted
while hovering, if you have the skills, otherwise land and take off, slowly reducing it until wagging stops. Rudder mix(V1)
must be turned off so that the gyro works properly, FULLY COUNTERCLOCKWISE, if this is not done, the helicopter will
continue to rotate at rates dependent on throttle position, this can cause loss of control quickly.
Turn off switch 12 in order to save V2 and V1 positions.
Don’t try powering up the Raptor unless everything is working properly, do all preflight checks for servo ranges/directions,
range check, linkages, etc. A reversed channel can lead to a disaster.

Lee

Westy, Your explaining how to set up the original TX. Matt is trying to set up the hell on his DX8. I think theres an issue with the servos. May be plugged into the wrong ports? As you said though, try to check the servos individually to see if they actually work first before getting to complicated.

Westy

LEGEND
Whoops ... must have been too tired to function.... my bad. Once the servos are proved ok, move onto each channel on the Rx and then the ESC. Try powering up the Rx under a different power supply (5Vdc) and see if you can get it to work. may be the Esc is Kaput? More than likely the Rx if you can prove it has power from the ESC.

Hope this helps

Cheers
Westy

Gary

Greetings from Boise Idaho.

I'm new to this forum and I'm hoping I can get some setup help here for my Exceed G2.
My Exceed G2 has a stock motor and ESC. It also has the WK2602 transmitter. I have two questions;
1. What is the optimum throttle curve and pitch curve setup in Normal and 3D flight mode. I sent an e-mail to tech support to try and get the factory settings and they never answered my question.

2. I have my Gyro sensitivity set to 70% and Revo is off. The nose of my heli constantly drifts to the right so I have to hold a small amount of left rudder to keep it straight. I thought the Gyro in AVCS mode was supposed to hold the heading. Not sure what the problem is.

Any help or suggestions you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Gary

Westy

LEGEND
hey there...... welcome.... perhaps you can re post this in a new thread and we will get in amongst it! and sort it for ya........ just copy what you have up above and post it in This section of the forum <== CLICK THERE

Select POST NEW THREAD :) and you are away!

Last edited:
Top Bottom