1. If you would like to get rid of these banners and the ads within the posts, all you have to do is sign up and they will go away!
  2. Welcome to Rc-Help, are you here looking for the PDF Plans? They are located in the store in the tab above, but you must be signed in to access that part of the site. It only takes a second to sign up!
  3. Like Us On Facebook!
    Hello Guest, it occurred to us during that last server failure that we had no way of informing the members of the site of the failure and I would like to invite you to like us on facebook so that you can get updates if the site happens to go down again. We don't post much over there unless we are updating the members so we will not flood your feed like some places do. Just click on Like and then allow notifications and that's it. See you there soon!

Click Here To Rc-Help's Facebook page!
    Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, I see you are not signed up on our forum yet. Did you know Registration is FREE and is only a couple clicks away? You can even sign in from Facebook, Twitter or Google+ for your convenience! So what are you waiting for, CLICK HERE to join in on the conversation!

Everyone Read This!!!!

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Tony, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Tony

Tony Administrator Staff Member

If ANYONE receives an email from me (any rc-help emails, w1ck3d79, tonydnewlin or brokeauto) DO NOT OPEN IT!!!! It will contain a Trojan virus that will infect every device on your network! My laptop was hacked last night and I have yet to find out what they got away with. So do not for any reason open an email from me. Sorry for the inconvenience.

This is not a joke and I am working on a solution to the issue. I have temporarily disabled emails from the site until I can get home and resolve this issue.

2. Admiral

Admiral I Support Rc-Help! Rc-Help Supporter

Information Technology (Retired)
    Thanks for the Heads up.

3. grumpy1

grumpy1 I Support Rc-Help! Rc-Help Supporter

pipe welder. .pipe fitter. .asme code pipe shop fo
    Man ....that sux thanks for the info...kinda know how you feel,my phone was hacked a year or so ago.an the thing about it I'm 99.999% sure I know who done it an went to the authorities to make a report ...an left there more pissed off than I was BEFORE I got there.l promise ya I know who it was, the way I know who it was is I took a pic around 5 pm that afternoon ..an sent it to no one ..no body period showed it to nobody, told no one ..an it was nothing special in fact it was a pic of a store front. Somehow this person sent that very same pic TO me about 8:45 that night. I truly believe it was sent completely by mistake or accident. A couple of days before my phone was acting strange ..changing settings screens..it was kinda like that car in the movie. CHRISTINE..a mind of its own an laptop was doing strange things too.
    Anyway you know law enforcement told me....just change your number, needless to say I was pissed. Here I'm a law abiding person an the crook has more rights than I do. Anyway that person was already on thin ice before the event..it was a jealous woman ...she even tex some of the guys at field just to see if i had been there. When I confronted her about it she acted so unknowing an innocent..heres what I said .....you must think everyone lives there life like you do...when we met about a year before..i told her 3 things I don't tolerate .... 1 ..if you lie to me you'll steal from me..2 don't squeeze the toothpaste in the middle ..3 don't slam the door when you leave for the last time. Needless to say I watched my 6th for a while ....things got back to normal relatively quick after that an no electronics acting strange either

4. grumpy1

grumpy1 I Support Rc-Help! Rc-Help Supporter

pipe welder. .pipe fitter. .asme code pipe shop fo
    Let me say this an I'll shut up. Wish I had that pic you guys would probably get a laugh. Let me see if I can describe or set the stage. I live in a small rural town where a trip to the hardware feed an seed same store by the way..or the barber shop an the country store about 1/2 mile past my house you can learn as much at either place in 30 minutes as you can from our once a week newspaper..I had to go to hardware an they had a sign outside by the road that read
    Short Hoes 11.99
    Small trash bags 7.99
    Limited supply
    Sorry I just could resist sayin something to Jake an his boys..to the order of..they look that bad you let folks know you have bags too... Well we all got a laugh anyway

5. sneezy007

sneezy007 I Support Rc-Help! Rc-Help Supporter

Geophysical Technician (Retired)
    Home Page:
    Sorry to hear about the hack. Thanks for the heads up Tony.
    Dino

6. D.O.G.

D.O.G. Well-Known Member Goblin 380 Supporter

Disable
    Thank you sir for that information. Haven't seen anything yet on this side of town :).

7. murankar

murankar Moderator Staff Member Armed Forces

Soldier
    I hate it when people squeeze the toothpaste in the middle. I religiously squeeze from the sealed to the opening every time. That way I dont have to muck around to get every bit of that stuff out. No I am not trying to make a dirty joke, I hate mashed tubes.

8. Tony

Just so everyone knows, you will not receive any emails from the site. I had Ken turn the mail server off until I can make some changes. I really appreciate all of you for understanding. It means a lot to me.

9. Tony

Hey everyone, just letting you know I am currently working on the server and have turned the email servers back on so you may receive an email from the site. I have done some checking and it does not appear they were able to get into the server (thankfully) but I'm still taking precautions as if they did. Emails should be okay from the site but remember, all our emails will have a subject title and we do not send emails with attachments (unless you have an email provider that creates an attachment of the email itself). I sincerely apologize for all of this. Again, I'm taking additional steps to avoid this kind of thing in the future.