Quad Even the dark won't stop me

Stambo

I got these LED light strips from HK so I could light up my 450 quad.
I think it was a success, what do you reckon.
They are 12v strips running 2s, I found on 3s they were far too bright.
I don't know how my video camera will handle pitch darkness but I WILL find out.
I have already flown it outside in the dark and its awesome.
Dunno what the neighbours will think though.
I'll be waiting for the UFO reports in tomorrow's media. :):)

image.jpg

image.jpg

Stambo

Just did some vid of a night flight, pretty boring really.
Best viewed fullscreen as I keep forgetting how small things look with this cam.
No stars or moon for reference but hey, now the dark won't stop me from flying. :)
Looking forward to a night so I can do it again with some stars and the moon in the background.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlv-igZFCDA

Last edited:

pvolcko

That's pretty cool. Does need some low power flood lighting to give some reference points. But still very cool. :)

WyDiablo

That would be bad a** with a high power spot light. Area 51 now in New Zealand huh? I tried that right after I got my F550 and I really had the neighbors wondering.

Stambo

That would be bad a** with a high power spot light.

Already under way, I have a small Cree LED torch that I have attached to the bottom of it.
I have flown with the torch before and had some near disasters by dazzling myself. :):)
But hey, when did that ever stop me. :)

Karubah

Area 51 in NZ !!!! Now you,ll have the neighbours kids out looking for ET. If I see red and green lights coming out of the East it will be Stambo coming across the ditch for a look around. :biggrin1:I mounted a 4 Cree led to the front of my Disco and wired it to the board so it runs off 12 v. It made it very easy to see even on a sunny day, good for an old farts bad eyesight. Lmoa.

Tony

Staff member
If these are 3w Cree lights, they are the same thing that I'm running on my aquarium. Very bright with the right reflector.

wolfman76

Cool stambo... Did you see my avatar that is my xrotor spider quad... I have a3 story apartment building right across from my apartment i can see it very easily and clearly atleast 3-4 stories above That building

Stambo

I took it out last night again, this time I kept it nice and close so it would show better on the camera.
When I finished I went to take the micro sd card out of the camera to watch the video.
I had forgotten to put it in again. :(
I thought it gave a different vibration feedback than normal.
When it is strapped to your head it is hard to see what lights are on.
Lesson learned, check that the card is in before strapping camera to head. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom