ESC Esc

Escape

• Lipo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ni-mh

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Dieseldoctor

I've just bought a pair of 10A ESCs. They have a switch on the pcb. They both work OK with the sw in either position. Can anyone tell me what they are for?
They are to convert a toy truck to rc.

RandyDSok

You didn't post any info on which esc... or even a picture of it... my crystal ball is broken so no guesses here... :D

Dieseldoctor

Attached photos of ESC. Can you tell me what the sw on the pcb is for?

Attachments

• DSC_0194.JPG
    DSC_0194.JPG
    154.9 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC_0193.JPG
    DSC_0193.JPG
    191.7 KB · Views: 5

RandyDSok

I'm uncertain on that one... the pics don't give any clues on the make/model... and the switch isn't big enough to think it's an on/off switch like some ( not many ) esc's have and you'd certainly would have noticed the motor not running when switching it if it were an on/off switch

Perhaps someone else will stop by and have a clue

Dieseldoctor

A big thank you for your help. Sometimes I have more enthusiasm than knowledge, so I am sure that I will be back with more questions sometime.

Tony

Staff member
Yea, I was lost as well and was going ot ask for a link. That is weird that it would have a switch to turn the brake on and off. Very interesting.

Dieseldoctor

I can imagine that if you want to make quick direction changes, then the brake function could be a hindrance. I've used ESCs to control winches and levers, and the brake function was a nuisance.

Top Bottom