Quad esc

matthias

i am building a my first drone and i ran in to a problem. the esc"s i have are blheli 15a hobbymate 2-4s lipo one shot 125"vs witch i am conecting to my cc3d flight controler but the esc dont suply power to the cc3d

dose enyone know whats happenig?

thx

Tony

Staff member
If they do not have a built in BEC, then they are what is known as "OPTO" ESC's. You will need to purchase a separate BEC to power the board or you could use a small battery pack, but a BEC is a little lighter.

Tony

Staff member
It is what is called a Battery Eliminator Circuit. It is used to replace a separate battery pack to feed power to a receiver or flight controller from the main pack rather than from a separate battery pack. Something like the 5a one linked below should work fine on a quad. If you were powering servos, I would suggest a 10a BEC.

RCTimer 5V 5A UBEC [RTR5A-UBEC] | Airplanes

Tony

Staff member
If your ESC's do not supply power to the flight controller, then yes. They are what is known as OPTO meaning they do not have a BEC built in to them. So you will need to provide power to your flight controller some other way such as a separate flight pack or a BEC as linked to in the last post.

Top Bottom