ESC esc that is compatible with DX 8

anthony o

Ok I am back with another stupid question...
been given some nice planes,, but they need esc's ,, but which ones can I use with my DX8,,,, there are so many to choose from and I do not want to get 3 and find out they are not compatible..........
thanks in advance

Stambo

The question is more which ESC is compatible with your motors.
Are you sure it is ESCs that are missing not receivers?
They must be the correct ones for your DX8.

Derek

The "Electronic Speed Controller", ESC, won't be an issue at all. You can buy any ESC and install it in your plane and it should work. The ESC simply gets the signals from the receiver and responds to what the receiver tells it. I have many different ESC's, ranging from Grayson Hobby, Castle Creations, Turnigy Plush, Detrum, Hobbywing, and they all work just fine while I use my Futaba EX6 72mhz tx, my Spektrum DX6i, and my Spektrum DX8. Just be sure to calibrate your Throttle End Points after your install your ESC.

This part is going to be "off topic" but I feel that it could still be relative to the topic. Using a DX8, you can use DSM2 and DSMX compatible receivers. Any "Spektrum" brand "AIR" receiver will work with the DX8. There are also other options available, like the Hobby King OrangeRx brand of DSM2/DSMX receivers.

Top Bottom