ESC ESC Suggestions

RMB677

The more I get into the problem with my HBK 4 the more it seems that the CCW kick problem I have is related to the ESC, there is a change in sound when it occurs that is probably an rpm drop. I'd like to replace the ESC and could use a few suggestions for an economical unit. The heli is probably in the 350 class, smaller than my 450. I'd be looking at a 35, or 40 amp ESC for a brushless motor, the battery is a 3s LiPo. Flying will be strictly sport for this heli.

I see the Hobbywing brand on the Hobbypartz web site with a couple of different levels. The other option is to duplicate what's on my Blade 450. I definately do not want an E-Sky replacement.

murankar

Staff member
Not sure about your price range but couple come to mind. First the one I use Scorpion Commander 45 amp, second the Align 40 amp and one I think Lee would suggest is the ice castle.

Again these are just suggestions.

RMB677

I'm guessing that a 30 or 35 would do, the original is 25 amp. Since I first got the heli the ESC and motor were hot to the touch, couldn't keep a finger on them more than a second or two. I'm kind of leaning toward duplicating the Blade 35 amp that's on my 450. That way it has the connectors installed that are compatible with my batteries and should I destroy the HBK I'd have spare for the 450.

Lee

Not sure about your price range but couple come to mind. First the one I use Scorpion Commander 45 amp, second the Align 40 amp and one I think Lee would suggest is the ice castle.

Again these are just suggestions.
Marius, those ESCs cost about 4 time what the whole heli is worth :D
I'm impressed with the hobbywing range of ESCs. When all the Castle Creation ESCs were going up in smoke on the 700's, people were changing to the hobbywing 120A HV ones and loved them.

Top Bottom