ESC ESC Questions

Just a question for something I'm thinking of down the track.
We are all familiar with the little kids electric cars.
I'm thinking of having a bit of fun with it, so that my kid has the quickest car out of his friends hehehe
Now my thought is, using a couple of nice brushless motors, and getting this thing cranking.
Now with the ESC I'm assuming I can hook it up to cars throttle system, but is there a way of limiting the rpm it produces? I'm assuming something like an internal governor like the helis use.
That's my thought anyway. I'm sure it can be done, and I may even put a rx in their and have it so I can take control over the car lol

Derek

Depending on the transmitter you are using, you can just dial down the Throttle Curve.

I was thinking of something that I can set up all in car.
I want to be able to have Jr drive the car (yes i know i have a few years yet before he can, but my evil mind is already working), and need to be able to control the speed via the in car. I want him to be able to drive it, rather than me driving him using the radio. Radio was more a "failsafe" if needed. As he gets better with driving then I can increase the max speed, but would be nice to be able to set up soft start and max speed would be nice.

BAdair

I haven't done this personally but friends of mine use Castle ESC's and say you can link it to the computer and program a throttle curve/transition to the esc.
I don't know of other esc's that do this other than Castle brand.

sweet thanks!! That is essentially what I want!!
Just trying to think about my options, and i'm sure there will be even more when the time comes... but would be cool to have more power "insert evil laugh here"

Top Bottom