General ESC question

treff

Just a quick question if I may. My throttle will not go to full power. It goes to almost 60% then cuts. I have tried to re-set the end points
but its still the same. Any suggestions would be very welcome because I can not get the heli off the deck. This comes after repairs but nothing really major
so I can not work out whats going on. Cheers

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Make sure you have a linear throttle curve in your Tx when you do the end points in the ESC.

treff

Make sure you have a linear throttle curve in your Tx when you do the end points in the ESC.

Thanks Tony, Yes I've given that a try already but still the same. I'll have another go tomorrow. I'm pretty sure it's the ESC because
it is beeping twice when the throttle cuts sort of beep,beep. I had the same with my other YEP esc but that seemed to sort its self
out without my help. It's the way I crash them LOL. Cheers

treff

UPDATE.................Problem found. Battery is knackered. Which is very disappointing because the battery is only a couple of months old
and is my newest battery I suspect one cell as gone down.. Oh well, the joys of RC. Cheers
Anyone know of an outlet in the uk that is reasonably priced but not HK. Thanks

Last edited:

treff

An update to the update LOL. After checking the battery I find that it has become unequalised, the 3 cells all have different voltages. I have popped it on my charger and it is going through the equalisation process where
each cell is brought back to the same voltage. Hopefully, fingers crossed It will work afterwards. Cheers.

Tony

Staff member
This is why I ALWAYS balance charge my packs. Because you just never know. Hope you get it worked out.

treff

Thanks Tony. I thought I was always doing the same but been doing it wrong LOL Still learning. Slope soarers are easier LOL.
Cheers

Lee

Treff, If you still want a new battery, Gaint Shark sell the Gens Ace batteries. They are a bit more expensive than Turnigy etc, but they are awesome. Good power.

treff

Thanks for that Lee. I managed to equalise the battery and it has charged ok. Will see if it works tomorrow. I already
brought 2 new batteries on ebay a little smaller than i have at the moment 30c so will see how they go. I do need more batteries, now I can
go farther afield looking for a new flying site. 6 batteries and charger in the car should work okay. Cheers

treff

Thanks Derek. Yes, getting there very slowly. By the time I do get there everyone else will be on their way back LOL. Winter on the
way here so need indoor helicopter to still get my fix. The letter I am writing begins "dear Santa" LOL Cheers

Top Bottom