Spektrum ESC Programming mode with Spektrum's AR7200BX

Doum066

Greetings guys,

I don't know if there was already a Thread about this subjet, but it will refresh it if there was one, if not, this might helps lots of people, i've been searching for let's say a few hours for my answers, but none solved it.

The thing was, i couldn't enter my T-Rex 450 Pro DFC ESC programming mode (RCE-BL35X), no matter what i did, i'Ve found lots of post that says to make sure you have a linear 0-50-100 % throttle curve so the ESC sees your stick at full throttle when you turn on the ESC.. i made sure it was thousands of times... still no joy, tried to reset my Model on my DX6I, still no joy, rebind on a new memory slot, still no joy.... I Then came up with the thought my AR7200BX might had something causing this... and Bingo, with some searches i found, the AR7200BX has a Failsafe that avoid full throttle going on when turning TX without sensing a low throttle first, to avoid accidental full throttle when turning on the TX... so that SmartSafe Functionality stoped the full throttle stick to activate the programming of the ESC... there 2 way to counter that, first, plug your ESC to a diff Receiver.. if you have one, if not, like me, rebinding the bird with Stick at full throttle, so the primary start up position will be full throttle, so bingo, you an now access the programming sequence, but don'T forget to rebinf with stick down so you don't enter the programming squence each time. :)

I found this info on the MicroBeast forums, here's a copy/paste of the post and the link to it, hopw it might helps a few of you guys.

Align esc and ar7200bx setup

« problem is that during initialisation the system will set throttle to failsafe position (0%). So it's not possible to get into programming as the ESC always will start up with zero throttle. What you might do is to start up the AR7200BX unit first with a separate receiver battery and then when it is fully initialized you gain control over throttle and move throttle to full stick, plug in the flight battery back and do the ESC setup.

Other solution that might work is to bind the system with full throttle so that this is your initial throttle position. Then the ESC should enter programming mode right after powering on the AR7200 and when it has initialized completely you can programm the ESC by moving the throttle stick. After programming of course you have to rebind with 0 throttle to prevent the ESC from getting into programming mode all the time. »

AR7200BX Addendum:

http://www.horizonhobby.com/pdf/SPMAR7200BX_manual_addendum.pdf

Doum

Top Bottom