Spektrum ESC BEEPS and no power to THROTTLE

gio08

hi guys i am fairly new to this hobby. I have built the rc-help trainer and i have everything ready to go. I binder the receiver and it worked the first day. I disconnected everything to come back the next day to finish it up but now the esc is beeping( one beep/sec) and i have no throttle to the motor. i did mess around with the transmitter but then reseted everything and it continues to beep. i tried a different receiver thinking that could have been the problem, but no luck. can some one help me please. ALSO before all this happened my servo for the elevator would only push the control surface down a little and not enough throw compared to when i hit the down elevator the control surface would go up about 1/2in. can someone show me( teach me) how to get more servo throw please. i have a SPECKTRUM DX6I

- - - Updated - - -

also i have trimmed my receiver( followed along a youtube video) I might have down it wrong. and maybe my throttle is out of trim. can someone help me with that too. and how to set the ailerons..

geeez i am a needed person :( sorry guys

Tony

Staff member
Never apologize for asking a question. That is what we are here for. Welcome to the forum.

The ESC issue sounds like a throttle trim issue. Make sure that your stick is all the way down on the Tx. Then, follow these steps.

Turn your Tx and ESC off. Turn your Tx on and raise the throttle to full throttle. Plug in your plane and listed for the first set of beeps. Once you hear the beeps, lower the throttle all the way and the ESC should initialize. This will reset the trims on your throttle.

As for the control surface throws, do into your end point adjustments and make sure they are set to 100%. Make sure to move the sticks as the DX6i reads up elevator with up stick, down elevator with down stick and so on. The numbers will change as you move the stick.

I'm hoping that answers your questions. If not, post up and let me know what issues still poke their heads up.

another thing you can do is make a new model and start over fresh. This will insure you have the correct throws.

Lee

Also if your servo is getting uneven throw, check the servo arm is in the centre of its range. Remove the servo arm, make sure your travel end points are at 100% as Tony said, and all trims are zeroed, then place the arm back on at 90º to the servo body, or as close as possible. Now move the stick you've got the servo plugged into, and see if you get even travel.

Last edited:

Westy

LEGEND
hey there.

Try Re Callibrating your ESC

Set up a linear throttle curve. 0, 25, 50, 75, 100

with Throttle hold off...
Move throttle to full speed ahead.... turn on the esc connected to motor .... remove prop or motor pinion.

it should initialise. and arm. move throttle to low and then go and set up all the parameters using your Tx.

Remove power to the model..... re connect and you should be good to go.

Top Bottom