Quad Emax Babyhawk

sneezy007

Hey guys,

I was working on my Babyhawk yesterday and I ran into problems with Betaflight. On the receiver page, there are no bars. I have a green light on my receiver. I'm using the FrSky XM+, the motors spin up and everything else works on Betaflight. I tried resetting the settings in Betaflight, tried to rebind. Nothing works.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Dino

Tony

Staff member
In the configuration tab, do you have it all set for your receiver? Also, in the ports tab, do you have the right switches turned on?

sneezy007

You bet Tony, I double checked all of those things. What's weird is there is a green light on the receiver, but it's like it's not talking to my radio.

Thanks,
Dino

Tony

Staff member
Yea, that is weird. Have you taken that receiver (if it is a sat) and connected it to an actual receiver and tried to bind it that way?

Also if you can post up some screen shots of your betaflight/cleanflight config, that may help out a little as well.

Tony

Staff member
I'm so used to just using satellites lol.

Where do you have your signal wire going from the receiver?

Tony

Staff member
So I know nothing about sbus, but I just watched a video on it and found something out that could be the issue. If you are running an F4 board, you may be on a UART that doesn't have a converter. Solution here is to try the other UART's and see if those work. In your ports tab, make sure that the UART you are using has serial Rx turned on and in the config tab, make sure you are set to sbus/spektrum and select sbus from the dropdown. You may need to do those last two steps a few times for it to save since betaflight likes to revert them once in a while. But I do believe if you do the port and then the receiver under config that it should save first try.

I know, you said you had already checked these, I'm just typing what I found out in another video.

sneezy007

Well actually with the XM+ you solder the receiver right onto the Femto board. It has a pin out, I doubled the pinout and instructions on the receiver to make sure I soldered it correctly. I'll have to check if the Femto board is an F4. It defaults to UART3 when you fire up Betaflight. Let me check this out and see what happens. Thanks Tony.

Tony

Staff member
Is this the board you have? If so, then it is an F3 board and what I posted doesn't mean a thing lol.

emax-f3-femto-flight-controller.jpg

sneezy007

The Babyhawk has the Femto board. The firmware is the SPRACING F3 EVO.
I may have to update the firmware and see if that helps.

sneezy007

I updated the firmware and everything worked. I even hovered it in the basement and it flies great.
Now we just need to wait for the snow to melt so we can head to the field.

sneezy007

It takes me awhile to do the trouble shooting. I have to ask lots of questions, eventually I get there.

Thanks for your help Tony.
Dino

Tony

Staff member
It's my pleasure bro! I thought it was going to be much tougher than just reflashing lol.

Top Bottom