Flight Controllers Electronics disaster !!!!!

Lee

Mayday Mayday!!!!
I was working on my gimble flight control board. Next to it on the table was my 600mW TX, my FPV camera and a 12V regulator.
My wife wanted to make a fresh juice, before I had a chance to move anything she spilt a whole blender of orange juice all over the table and my electronics :homer:

Luckily, it only seems the Gimble board got a good soaking. I have rinsed it under the tap and place everything in a box full of rice.

As nothing had power going through it, I'm hoping everything will be alright.
What do you think?

Dirk

Oh hell. The moment I read "juice" I knew it!

It should be okay Lee. Just give it some good drying time before powering it up.

My friend flew his 450 over the lagoon here when he lost his lipo. Yes, it fell off and duly unplugged itself. (Stupid Deans). The heli splashed down in the lagoon and duly sank to the bottom. Operation retrieval was kicked into high gear and we rescued the Blade 450. The poor Spektrum 7000BX had water pouring out of it.

It was put in the ICU (rice) for a couple of days, along with the ESC, servos and motor, and flew again last weekend.

Lee

Well its not going to be used for a while anyway.
So i'll leave it in the rice for a week or more :D
Lucky the 600mW RX has shrink tube over it. Saved its bacon for sure.
The FPV camera was in a metal case, so thats ok.

Dirk

Just tell your wife that you have some electronics lying in the rice bowl. NO amount of condiments can make electronics on your plate taste any better.LOL

Graham Lawrie

Unlucky Lee:( There was a guy in Dragons Den who has invented a solution for recovering mobile phones after they have been dropped in water. It looked brilliant. The only flaw in his product with it being a clear solution he could not export it by plane. May be worth a google?

Lee

I saw that episode Graham.
The other issue was, you had to have it on you at the time of damage.

Karubah

Not good Lee. Just tell your wife it's buggered and hopes she feels guilty enough to replace it, then you'll have some spares for another project.:glee:

Top Bottom